Having twins doubles everything, including the amount of play and sleep space needed. Lots of parents expecting multiples elect to look for the best pack and play for twins rather than starting with two cribs, two bassinets or two pack and plays.Playpens are more varied and complex than they were during our parents’ generation. Some are simple pack and play, some come with bassinets and others are freestanding. So which option is the best pack and play for twins?
Best Pack And Play For Twins Comparison Table
What Is a Pack and Play?
- A pack and play is a sleeping and play area for babies that is designed to be more portable than a traditional crib.
What Do the Best Pack and Play for Twins Do?
- Essentially, they provide a safe place for babies and toddlers to sleep and play. They are also usually portable to some extent.
What Features Are Important in the Best Pack and Play for Twins?
- The best pack and play for twins are foldable and portable, easily set up into a safe sleep and play space; they will accommodate two babies and toddlers, and they are versatile.
Where Can You Buy the Best Pack and Play for Twins?
- Most of the best pack and play for twins can be purchased at baby supply stores, big box stores, department stores and online through retailers like Amazon.
Why Should I Consider Buying the Best Pack and Play for Twins?
- Having a safe place to lay babies down is always a concern and becomes far more so when there are two babies to consider. The best pack and play for twins can help by providing a place away from family pets or other dangerous items, a portable space that can be in the same room as the parents for safety, and a place to contain all the needed supplies for carrying for two.
How We Reviewed
The best pack and play for twins were reviewed based on their features including size, their pros and cons, cost, and where to buy. We looked at actual user data compiled from parents of twins to come to an assessment of the best pack and play for twins.
What We Reviewed
- Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center
- Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet
- Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard
- Best Choice Products 8-Panel Indoor Outdoor Home
- Baby Playpen Kids Safety Play Center
- Superyard Colorplay 8-Panel
- Pack and Play Portable Playard Playpen
- 4moms breeze GO portable travel playard
- Playpen Activity Center for Babies and Kids
- D.LIN Playpen Pop N’ Portable Playard
Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center
The Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center comes with a flip away changing table, an organizer for storing changing items and two removable bassinets that have canopies. and two toys for the bassinets. The entire pack and play can be moved while assembled and then locked in place with brakes. It comes with a travel bag for easy portability.
The bassinets have a music center with volume, night light, vibration, and the choice of two different music styles and nature sounds. It was difficult for us to find measurements for the pack and play but weight, height and age recommendations are given by the manufacturer.
The pack and play is for babies up to 30 pounds in weight and 35 inches in height. The bassinet and changing table is for infants up to 4 months and 15 pounds or 25 inches in length. The portable rock a bye bassinets are for infants up to 3 months and 12 pounds or 22 inches in length.
This pack and play can be used for twins up to about 15 pounds each, which will likely be sometime between 6 and 12 months.
- A complete system for sleep, changing and storage
- Multiple uses and options
- Filtered noise options
- Hard to assemble
- Not practical for multiple uses as advertised
Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard
The Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard it advertised as being 50 percent larger than traditional pack and plays with 10 square feet of space. It has a low center of gravity, heavy duty padded mattress and two wheels for moving the pack and play around.
This model comes with an all cotton sheet and a travel bag. It opens up to about 40 inches x 40 inches x 31 inches high. Joovy does have a 2-year warranty on this pack and play and guarantees customer satisfaction. This pack and play is larger and taller than many and will work well for twins even into toddlerhood.
- Available in black or charcoal
- Easy setup, breakdown and pack away
- Large enough for toddlers
- Strong odor when new
Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet comes with two quilted bassinets that sit side by side in the pack and play. It converts into a portable playpen by removing the bassinets, which can also be used separately and the bassinets have canopies to protect from bright light.
The mattress pad is quilted and the sides are mesh. This comes with a carry bag for storage and travel.
The pack and play is 34 inches high, 35 inches wide and 46 inches long and weighs 29 pounds. The pack and play is recommended for children under 30 pounds and 35 inches tall. The bassinet is recommended for babies up to 15 pounds who cannot yet get onto their hands and knees.
- Works well for newborns
- Babies roll toward the center
- Bassinets are not separated
- Hard to convert from playpen to bassinets
Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard
The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard is designed to be used indoors and out. It is freestanding, lightweight, compact and has a water-resistant floor. The sides are made of mesh and a shade canopy can be purchased separately. It Folds compactly into the included travel bag with a shoulder strap.
This pack and play has 14 square feet of play space at 48 inches x 48 inches and 26 inches tall. It weighs only 12 pounds. This will work well for twins through the crawling months, but walkers may be able to pull up on the sides.
- Very lightweight
- Canvas bottom water resistant
- Exposed metal bars
- Travel bag cheaply made
Best Choice Products 8-Panel Indoor Outdoor Home Baby Playpen Kids Safety Play Center
This pack and play includes eight free-standing panels in primary colors, some with activity toys on the wall such as a telephone and ball spinners. It has a swinging hinged door with a safety lock. The dimensions if set up as a square are 60 inches by 60 inches. The manufacturer advertises this product to be recommended for children up to 4 years of age.
- Durable, users report years of use
- Flexible set up shape and size
- Small pieces of plastic come off
- Stickers must be assembled
- Suction cups come off easily
- Door hard to open
Superyard Colorplay 8-Panel
The Superyard Colorplay 8-Panel can be used inside or out and on multiple surfaces. It is made of lightweight plastic panels that snap together with hinges, are weather resistant and can be cleaned with soap and water. Each panel is 18 inches wide on the inside.
This pack and play includes a no-slip pad to protect hardwood floors and keep the pack and play from sliding. It can provide up to 34 square feet of space and is 26 inches high.
- BPA free and lead-free
- Expandable with extra panels
- Light and flimsy
- Users report plastic cutting fingers
- Difficult to assemble
BabySeater Pack and Play Portable Playard Playpen
The Pack and Play Portable Playard Playpen by BabySeater is designed to be set up using one hand, so it is great for parents who do not want to put the baby down before the pack and play is set up. It has a see-through mesh side that is easy to see in and out of. There are two safety locks to keep the playpen securely set up.
There is a thin padded bottom included and the lining can be removed and machine washed. It has a side door that zippers open and shut which will allow babies and toddlers to crawl or walk in themselves. This pack and play is a 60-inch hexagon shape.
BabySeater offers a lifetime guarantee with a full refund for any dissatisfaction.
- High-quality materials and assembly
- Very easy set up and take down
- No cross beams to hit heads on
- Lifetime satisfaction guarantee
- Slippery bottom
- Thin bottom padding
4moms breeze GO portable travel playard
The 4moms breeze GO portable travel pack and play is designed for travel with easy opening and closing with one step, quick set up, travel bag and is lightweight at 23 pounds. Simply push down in the center to open and pull up to fold.
It is recommended from birth to 30 pounds and is 43 inches by 30 inches by 29 inches.
- No negative reviews on Amazon
- Easy set up and take down
- Simple design and operation
- Hard bottom
Playpen Activity Center for Babies and Kids
The Playpen Activity Center for Babies and Kids is a modular pack and play with individual panels. It can be used indoors and outdoors and comes with different colored panels with rubber feet. It provides 34 square feet of space and there is not a recommended age, weight or size limit per the manufacturer.
It comes with a 100% lifetime warranty and a no question asked money-back guarantee.
- Lifetime warranty and guarantee
- Large, modular design
- No weight or height limits
- Low-grade plastic
- Users report poor durability
- Requires hard floors for suction cups
D.LIN Playpen Pop N’ Portable Playard
The D.LIN Playpen Pop N’ Portable Playard is a freestanding pack and play that can be used indoors or outdoors. It is made of mesh on the sides, and an assembled folding metal frame. It boasts safety features such as non-slip suckers, anti-rollover railings, and railing guards. It has a waterproof, washable soft mat and a side storage bag and folds up into a compact travel bag.
The inside dimensions are about 56 inches by 48 inches.
- Bottom pad removable and washable
- Comes with travel straps
- Some padding on bars
- Removable mesh requires disassembly
- Very tedious setup and take down
- Not sturdy without suction cups
Our top three picks are the Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center, the Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard, and the Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet. We preferred the pack and plays that doubled as bassinets because less furniture is always a bonus when there are multiple babies. As tempting as the modular pack and plays are for older children, they just are not practical for newborns which is the most challenging twin parent time.
Choosing one single recommendation for the best pack and play for twins is a difficult task. The Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard comes out on top due to several factors including its ease of use, middle range price, and portability. It is a simple and elegant design that is durable and accommodates two infants, babies or toddlers for safe sleep.