When you or your kids are into active sports, protecting your mouth is a must. This is especially true if you wear braces or have had any kind of dental work. You want to keep your mouth free and clear of any harm willing on the playing field. What makes the Best Sports Mouth Guard?
Contact sports, like football and soccer, are great games to play and really get your blood pumping. However, you are close proximity to other players and taking an elbow to the teeth isn’t unheard of. Wrestling and boxing are other sports where mouthguards are imperative.
In this list, of the top 10 mouth guards on Amazon, you’ll see all different shapes, sizes, and models to choose from. We’ve included brands such as Shock Doctor, Sisu, and many more.
We know, with all the mouth guards out there, choosing one can be a daunting task. So, we’ve done all the legwork for you by composing this list. You’ll only see the best and highest rated products.
Without further ado, let’s get to the list, shall we?
- 10. Shock Doctor Mouth Guard
- 9. Shock Doctor Gel Max
- 8. SISU Mouth Guard
- 7. AIWAYING Teeth Armor
- 6. Redline Sportswear Guard
- 5. Battle Fang-Edition Guard
- 4. Venum Challenger Guard
- 3. Shock Doctor Max Airflow
- 2. Oral Mart Sports Youth Guard
- 1. Sparkling White Smiles Guard
- Tips For Cleaning Your Mouthguard And Prolonging Its Life
- Which Sports Mouth Guard Worked Best for Me…
10. Shock Doctor Mouth Guard
You’ll be quite pleased by the performance of this Shock Doctor sports mouth guard. It is made from 100% medical grade silicone for supreme comfort and protection.
This mouth guard is great for athletes who wear braces on their teeth for both upper and lower dental protection.
Due to the 100% silicone material, this mouth guard adapts to changes in the mouth structure as your teeth adjust.
- No boiling required; wash with mild soap and water
- Comes with quick release helmet tether
- Made with breathing channels
- One reviewer claims the guard doesn’t conform to the teeth as well as it should
- Another buyer claims the mouth guard is not durable
9. Shock Doctor Gel Max
This attractive Gel max Shock Doctor mouth guard comes in an array of color and is even available in flavored and non-flavored varieties.
This mouth guard is suitable for all contact sports where guards are required. Football, basketball, lacrosse, hockey, MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, and much more.
The guard is made for comfort. The new gel liner easily adjusts to your teeth and gums and is great for extended use.
You’ll love the heavy-duty exoskeletal shock frame that provides amazing protection against hard impacts.
Includes detachable helmet strap for Football. Fit instruction included in the packaging.
- Comes with a $10k dental guarantee
- Equipped with integrated breathing channels
- Multi-layer shock absorbing construction
- One reviewer claims the mouth guard runs very small
- Another user claims the mouth guard is “harder than woodpecker lips”
8. SISU Mouth Guard
This amazing product comes in 4 different sizes to accommodate both kids of all ages and adults. Choose from Aero, Max, Junior, and Go. Plus, you also get to choose from a variety of colors.
One of the best things about SISU mouth guards is their extended warranty on dental protection. If for some reason the mouth guard doesn’t protect as it should and your dental work is compromised, the company will pay to have it fixed.
You’ll enjoy the comfortable 1.6mm thick and ultralight design. The guard is 50% thinner than other models, providing you with maximum comfort and convenience.
- Slim, custom fit makes it easy to talk, breath, and even drink without removing the guard
- Diffusix technology scientifically distributes impact forces
- Features a wider bite pad, rounded edges, and improved mold-ability to ensure the best fit possible
- A reviewer claims the mouth guard didn’t protect his teeth and resulted in some dental damage
- Users claim this mouth guard isn’t too great for heavy-contact sports
7. AIWAYING Teeth Armor
This custom-fit mouth guard is a great accessory for any sport. It comes equipped with a frenulum notch for comfortable use, durable bottom layer to prevent wear, and secure fit with a customizable layer.
No matter your mouth size or what you’ve got going on with your teeth, the AIWAYING guard will protect you. It is known as the “armored teeth guard” and it easily molds to fit any tooth shape and size.
You’ll be impressed with the precision fitting material that provides optimal retention and comfort.
- Thick cushioning base made to absorb shock
- Made from the highest-quality material around with no color additives used
- Features a 30-day money back guarantee
- Must be boiled in order to mold properly
- Some users claim the mouth guard makes it hard to breathe and causes gagging
6. Redline Sportswear Guard
Redline Sportswear mouth guards are made with a versatile design that features an exclusive dual layer technology that provides protection against the most brutal hits.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this product, “Our revolutionary shock resistant design distributes the force of an impact evenly to prevent damage to your teeth, lips, and gums. We have also added thicker portions to vital areas of the mouthguard to add extra protection to teeth and molars during violent impacts. These thicker portions act as an extra security pad and help distribute and absorb the shock of a direct hit”.
This mouth guard works well for both adults and children through the custom boil and bite fitting. The gel lined dual-layer design easily molds to your teeth and gums to provide you with a glove-like fit.
- Made with safe materials that are FDA approved, BPA, Latex, and PVC-free
- Includes a hygienic carrying case
- 100% satisfaction free
- Some reports of the mouth guard shrinking
- A user claims the mouth guard began to melt when he placed it into boiling water
5. Battle Fang-Edition Guard
Show off your sassy side with this funky fang mouth guard! You’ll receive a 2-pack of these awesome looking guards. You can choose from an array of colors, too.
One of the nice things about this mouth guard is that you can re-boil and re-mold it many times without compromising the integrity of the material.
This mouth guard works well with braces and comes with an easy-clip removable strap with integrated safety release.
- Unlimited defective guarantee
- Come sin youth and adult sizes
- Bottom barricade to protect lower teeth and helps prevent TMJ
- A reviewer claims the gap for the teeth is too small
- A user claims the “fangs” rub off
4. Venum Challenger Guard
The Venum Challenger mouth guard is made with Nexfit gel frame for better adjustment, fit, and comfort. You’ll be pleased with the advanced design for optimal breathing during athletic activity.
Another feature of this mouth guard is the high-density rubber frame for optimal shock management and top teeth protection.
Mouth guard comes with a protective case to keep the product clean and hygienic.
- Great for MMA, boxing, Jiu-Jitsu, and karate, and all contact sports
- Lower rubber frame breaks shock waves and disperses the impact to your strongest teeth
- Specifically designed to reduce injuries to your teeth
- A reviewer claims that after a month of daily training, the upper and lower material started wearing away
- Some users claim that it is very difficult to talk while wearing the mouth guard
3. Shock Doctor Max Airflow
Are you looking for a mouth guard that will provide you with maximum airflow while playing high impact sports?
Look no further! Shock doctor Max Airflow mouth guard is designed to do just that.
This amazing guard comes in a variety of colors and sizes. Plus, this guard features a no-mold instant fit design that utilizes low profile bite pads for extra comfort.
- Extended lip guard protects against impact for both lower and upper lips
- The company offers a $10k dental warranty
- Compatible with braces
- Some reviewers claim that the fit “doesn’t hold up”
- A user claims the youth sizes are still too big for kids’ mouths
2. Oral Mart Sports Youth Guard
If you are seeking a mouth guard that is specifically made for your child, oral mart is the answer. The guard comfortably molds to your child’s teeth and provides the ultimate protection.
The guard comes with easy-to-understand instructions that detail how to use the mouth guard. You also receive a free case with this item.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this BPA-free mouth guard, “100% medical grade materials which pass all necessary safety tests. Our high-quality (BPA Free! Latex Free! Phthalate Free!) strapless premium dual layer sports mouth guard gives parents peace of mind while your youth athlete competes during a game or practice. Your kid’s safety is our ultimate goal”.
- The company offers a 100% money back guarantee
- Passes all safety tests
- BPA, Latex, and Phthalate-Free
- Does not come with a helmet strap
- A reviewer claims the plastic of the mouth guard is so hard that it hurts his child’s gums
1. Sparkling White Smiles Guard
You can have a high-quality, custom fit, clear mouth guard that conforms to your teeth like a glove. It truly doesn’t matter the shape or size of your mouth or teeth, this guard will work for you.
Enjoy the precision fitting material that provides optimal retention and comfort. The thick cushioning base is designed to absorb all levels of shock.
- Made from high-quality safety-grade materials that feature NO BPA, color additives, or latex
- Comes with a FREE vented carrying case
- Designed for all sports and athletes
- Some complaints that the boiling process wears the guard out, quickly
amazon fields=”B01A1GF82C” value=”button”]
Tips For Cleaning Your Mouthguard And Prolonging Its Life
Mouthguards are essential for protecting an athlete’s teeth and helping to prevent serious damage. However, no matter how often they are used in sports, they can hold up for quite a long time if they are taken care of. If you didn’t know, mouth cards can last up to five years. Here are some tips for getting the most out of a mouthguard:
Don’t Chew On It
Being in the middle of a game can cause a lot of nerves. Players might be stressed and anxious if they are losing or need something to distract them. Chewing on mouthguards can become a habit, but it should be avoided. There’s no quicker away to destroy a mouthguard than to chump away at it. It causes holes, and it dips disfigures the original shape of the Guard. Not to mention, it’s unsanitary when the player is using their hand to put the guard back into their mouth.
It’s a big mistake to throw a mouthguard on the dresser or bathroom counter without first sanitizing it. It requires regular cleaning maintenance just like your cheeks, lips, and tongue. Check out these cleaning tips:
Scrub The Toothbrush
Use a toothbrush to scrub the interior and exterior of the mouth guard. This can be done with regular toothpaste and cleaned just as if you are brushing your teeth. Once that’s done finished, rinse with water.
It’s also a good idea to soak the mouth guard in a solution that will kill off the bacteria. A cleanser that’s specially made for soaking mouth guards can be used or a DIY solution. Using vinegar and water or peroxide are great options for sterilizing it. You can leave it sitting in the cleansing agent for a few minutes or a half an hour—but try not to soak it overnight.
Let it dry
After you’ve cleaned out the mouth guard, it’s okay to wipe it down with a paper towel. However, if some crevices still have water, allow the guard to air dry before storing it. By doing this, it reduces the chances of bacteria building on the wet surface.
Properly Store It
Mouthguards are generally stored in a case to help prevent it from damage and other elements. Therefore, it should be kept in the case when it’s not in use and out of environments that are exposed to hot temperatures. For instance, leaving in it in a hot car or next to a warm surface isn’t a good idea because heat can damage it.
Not sharing might seem like a no-brainer, but it still needs to be mentioned. Even after a mouth guard has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, it’s still not okay to share it with a teammate or anyone else. Not only is there be potential to spread germs between two people, but it can also mess up the mouth guard. Everyone’s mouth size and structure are different. Therefore it can distort the original shape of the guard.
Which Sports Mouth Guard Worked Best for Me…
There you have it, folks. The top 10 best sports mouth guards that Amazon has to offer. We’ve found you the brands with the highest reviews and best ratings. Why? because we want you to be equipped with a high-quality product.
If you’re looking for a mouth guard that is specifically geared towards children, we suggest you invest in the Oral Mart Sports Youth Guard. This guard is made specifically for the demands of a child’s mouth.
Are you a football player? The design of the Shock Doctor Max Airflow is just what you’re looking for. It’s made from hard plastic and instantly forms to your mouth without boiling. Plus, it comes with a $10k dental warranty.
With all of these great mouth guards that we equally love, we had to choose one for our top spot. So, we decided to go with the Sparkling White Smiles Guard. This is a simple, yet effective, mouth guard that is strong, comfortable, and affordable. You won’t find any compromising materials in this guard and no dyes.
Which sports mouth guard will you choose?
Last update on 2022-05-22 at 19:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API