A good pair of basketball shoes is important for anyone interested in the sport, but the prices can get outrageous. Before you go spending on all that money on a pair of expensive basketball shoes, there are some other options to consider. How do you know the best cheap basketball shoes?
One thing is ankle and arch support. Basketball can be hard on your joints, so you’ll want to give them some good support. Plus, it will make your game better! Additionally, traction is imperative.
It is also important to think about whether you will be playing mostly outdoors or indoors as they impose different needs. Indoors will need non-marking soles and more traction while outdoors, while the outdoor court will need to be more durable.
These are just some of the things to keep in mind when purchasing a new pair of basketball shoes. While keeping these things in mind, take a look at these 10 affordable pairs of basketball shoes below.
- 10. AND1 Men’s Xcelerate Basketball Shoe
- 9. Peak Men’s Classic Professional Basketball Shoes
- 8. Champion Men’s Overtime Basketball Shoe
- 7. AND1 Men’s Fantom Basketball Shoe
- 6. ANTA Light Men’s Basketball Shoe
- 5. LABO Men’s Low Top Basketball Shoes
- 4. Champion Men’s Inferno Basketball Shoe
- 3. AND1 Men’s Tai Chi Basketball Shoe
- 2. Adidas Men’s Crazy Explosive Td Basketball Shoes
- 1. AND1 Men’s Rocket 4.0 Basketball Shoes
- So which should you choose?
10. AND1 Men’s Xcelerate Basketball Shoe
These basketball shoes from AND1 have a high top design for ankle support, a 3D TPU Shank Stabilizer for torsional rigidity and arch support and high rebound Duraspring Midsole Foam for impact cushioning and structural stability making them perfect for the game.
They also have an internal bootie and hybrid low sew construction for breathability and comfort. Not to mention these are lightweight and come in four designs to match a variety of styles. The sole is non-marking so you won’t leave any marks on the court.
- Intended more for indoor use
- Painted design scuffs easily
9. Peak Men’s Classic Professional Basketball Shoes
These basketball shoes from Peak are made of synthetic leather with a rubber sole. They have a custom designed outsole to enhance friction and keep them lightweight. The ventilated punching design to n helps to maintain breathability.
Additionally, they have a classic herringbone shading to assist with traction. Some buyers have even said these are comparable to Nikes but at a much more reasonable price!
- Custom designed outsole
- Ventilated punching
- Herringbone shading for traction
- Only come in two colors
- Can get hot when used outdoors
8. Champion Men’s Overtime Basketball Shoe
The Overtime Basketball Shoe from Champion has all the features you would expect out of your shoes on the court. They have a non-marking outsole, a padded insole and a mesh lining to help promote breathability.
The high top collar allows for ankle support and they come in two designs, both of which are neutral. Buyers rave about how comfortable these are.
- Padded insole
- Neutral design
- Some customers have had problems with the stitching after a few months
- Limited designs and colors
7. AND1 Men’s Fantom Basketball Shoe
AND1 is sweeping the market with their affordable quality basketball shoes. The Fantom features a reinforced toe and heel with a no-sew film that adds durability and support in, particularly troubled places.
To regulate temperature and breathability, the Fantom has laser-cut vents while the lightweight EVA midsole reduces the weight without sacrificing performance or stability. These are great both indoors and outdoors but buyers commend them for holding up to the wear and tear of outdoor courts.
- Reinforced toe and heel
- Lightweight EVA midsole
- Laser cut vents for breathability
- Runs more than a full size too small
- The price tends to fluctuate
6. ANTA Light Men’s Basketball Shoe
These basketball shoes from ANTA are sturdy, comfortable and have a sleek design. They feature a padded tongue and collar, mesh side panels and lining and synthetic overlays as well as a rubber an EVA outsole for grip and traction.
The cooling micro-perforations and mid-foot stability keep the foot supported and cooled to be able to go indoors or outdoors with no problem. They do run a bit small so the ANTA recommends choosing a half size up from your normal size. With five colors to choose from though, there’s one to match every style.
- Great for indoor or outdoor use
- Many comfort elements
- Five colors
- Runs a half size too small
- Can see your socks through the mesh over the toes
5. LABO Men’s Low Top Basketball Shoes
LABO may not be a very well known brand, but their shoes are loved especially for the price. These low tops are water resistant and have some extra bounce for your jump shot.
They have a classic look and are lightweight which is not only perfect for basketball, but for many sports. These come in two different styles, each a different color. The sole is made from thermoplastic rubbers and the upper is made from PU leather which makes them vegan and cruelty-free.
- Water resistant
- Great price
- Only come in two styles with one color each
- Limited sizing
4. Champion Men’s Inferno Basketball Shoe
Champion is a well-known brand with quite affordable, quality sports shoes and these pair of Infernos are no different. They are made of fabric and mesh for breathability, have a padded insole and a non-marking outsole.
The ankle tab makes it easy to pull them on and off and they have a modern design that comes in four colors.
- Non-marking outsole
- Consumer rave about their comfortability
- More suited for outdoor use since they can get slippery on an indoor court
- Could have more colors or designs
3. AND1 Men’s Tai Chi Basketball Shoe
The Tai Chi Basketball Shoe from AND1 is an iconic shoe that has a bold design and is extremely versatile both on the court and off. They feature a foam collar and tongue for comfort and the compression molded EVA midsole allows for support, rebound and cushioning.
Buyers rave about the design and color, however since they do run a bit small in the toes, buyers recommend going a half size up. They are available in three bold colors, perfect for an iconic look.
- Bold design and color
- Compression molded EVA midsole
- Foam collar and tongue
- Run a bit small
- Must like bold colors
2. Adidas Men’s Crazy Explosive Td Basketball Shoes
These basketball shoes from Adidas are one of the brand’s most affordable. They are still on the upper end of the spectrum, but Adidas has made a name for itself. These Explosive Td’s feature an open mesh upper that has a knit look for ultimate breathability.
The ADIPRENE+ located in the forefoot allows for efficiency in movement and greater propulsion. Buyers say they are sturdy but not heavy and that they offer plenty of ankle and arch support.
- Popular brand
- ADIPRENE+ for propulsion
- Ankle and arch support
- Higher in price
- Fit has been off on some buyers
- Limited sizing
1. AND1 Men’s Rocket 4.0 Basketball Shoes
AND1 is back at it again with another great, affordable basketball shoe. The Men’s Rocket 4.0 features a low profile, a reinforced upper to offer heel, medial and ankle support and 8 different color combinations to choose from.
They do run a little tight so buyers recommend buying a half size to a full size up for comfort. However, if they are slightly tight upon purchase, some have had luck with allowing them to break in and stretch a bit. They also are lightweight and have a great grip for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Reinforced upper
- 8 different colors
- Run slightly tight
- Not comfortable for long casual wear
So which should you choose?
Though everyone’s needs are different. We love the ANTA Light Men’s Basketball Shoe Training Sneaker because they are great for both indoor and outdoor use, have great support and come in a variety of colors.
Though you might have to order a half size up, these shoes are a great affordable option for those that don’t want to spend their whole paycheck.