Sometimes in the mornings you just want a small bite of something sweet, but you know you can’t buy the entire Cheese Danish at the store, or you’ll certainly eat the entire thing in one sitting. Make up a batch of these mini cherry cheese danishes and you’re sure to make everyone happy for breakfast!
- 2 (8-ounce) packages frozen pastry dough sheets, thawed ( they’re in frozen section but need to be thawed before you unfold.)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 small egg white
- 1 (14-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 32 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cut each thawed pastry sheet into 16 equal squares. Place one square into each muffin cup. Mix cream cheese, half of the powdered sugar, and the egg white in a medium bowl until well blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each muffin cup. Top with a small spoonful of cherry pie filling (make sure there’s one cherry in each spoonful!) Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing: mix remaining powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the Danish bites are cooked, transfer the tins to a rack and allow the bites to cool for 5 minutes. Using a knife or mini metal spatula, remove the bites from the cups. Drizzle icing on bites and serve immediately.
This post may include a provided product or affiliate link. See disclosure for full details.