When Ashley Whipple from Cute as a Fox published her new book, Super Cute Crispy Treats, and invited me to her book launch party, I was thrilled! I love Rice Krispie Treats, but have never been very creative and done anything else with them! However, with 100 Super Cute Crispy Treats in her new book, the possibilities are endless!
My family loves Rice Krispie Treats and we also love S’mores, so it was a no-brainer to make the S’mores Crispy Treats from the book!
- 2 TB margarine
- 2 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 7oz. jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir.
- Let marshmallows melt completely, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat.
- Pour in rice cereal and graham cracker crumbs and stir until covered with marshmallows.
- Divide mixture in half and turn out each half into a separate greased 9×9″ pan.
- Push down evenly on both mixtures.
- Speed marshmallow creme over one of the layers and allow creme to set.
- Melt chocolate in a chocolate melter or in microwave in 30 second intervals and spread melted chocolate over marshmallow creme.
- Allow to set for at least 10 minutes, then place the second rice treats layer over the top of the second half.
- Press lightly and store in an airtight container and serve within 24 hours.
S’mores Crispy treats are so fun to have as after school snacks or a fun weekend treat with the friends. They’re easier to make than you’d think and oh, so delicious!
Grab your own copy of Super Cute Crispy Treats on Amazon or anywhere books are sold – and it would make a really great gift for the holidays – packaged with a box of Rice Krispies and some marshmallows!
Best soap scum remover in Singapore