Skillet Citrus Chicken Tenders are a perfect weeknight meal that can be paired with rice and/or veggies for the perfect dinner.
When you’re looking for another chicken recipe these Citrus Chicken Tenders are easy to make and go with just about any side dish.
You can make Citrus Chicken Tenders in one pan and they’ll be done in about 15 minutes. Perfect for those nights that you forgot to plan anything for dinner!
Most of the ingredients for Citrus Chicken Tenders are things you have on hand, and I love making this last minute, when I forgot to plan something for dinner!
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 3 TB unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB all-purpose flour
- 1 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 TB grated orange zest plus ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest plus 3 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB fresh parsley (optional)
- season chicken with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 TB oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, more if chicken is thick
- Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Melt 1 TB butter in empty skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and juices and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in parsley, remaining 2 TB of butter, and orange and lemon zest.
- Stir in browned chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice and/or vegetables.
Citrus Chicken Tenders are a flavorful and light way to serve chicken and mix up your weeknight meals!
Both recipes are easy to make and perfect for your menu plans!