What’s the best coffee travel mug? When you’re trying to bring your coffee on the go, there’s nothing worse than filling up your travel mug at home, and then after traveling to work, the coffee’s cold. Luckily, there are many travel mugs on the market today that boast the ability to keep your liquids well above lukewarm for long periods of time.
If you’re looking for an on-the-go coffee container that is easily transportable, compact, and temperature-safe, there are many options available. I wanted to share some of these options with you.
- Top 10 Travel Mugs in 2022 Reviewed
- 10. Hydro Flask Double Insulated Travel Mug
- 9. Yeti Rambler Travel Mug
- 8. Zojirushi Travel Mug
- 7. Keurig 12 Ounce Stainless Steel Travel Mug
- 6. Ello Campy Stainless Steel Travel Mug
- 5. Contigo Snap Seal Superior Vacuum Travel Mug
- 4. Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug
- 3. Copco Acadia Travel Mug
- 2. Bodum Travel Tea and Coffee Press
- 1. Thermos Stainless King Travel Mug
- How to Choose the Best Travel Mug for You in 2022
- The Best Travel Mug for Us in 2022
Top 10 Travel Mugs in 2022 Reviewed
What factors will you consider when choosing a travel coffee mug? How big do you want the mug to be? Do you prefer a twist-off lid, or would you rather sip your coffee differently? Are you looking to drink other beverages from the container, other than coffee?
There are many travel coffee mugs on the market today with the capability of keeping ice-cold beverages at a cool temperature for long periods of time. Does it matter what type of material the coffee mug is made out of? Do you prefer a handle on the lid? Read on to find out more about the best coffee travel mugs available today.
10. Hydro Flask Double Insulated Travel Mug
This double-insulated, stainless steel travel container can be used for hot or cold temperatures. It’ll keep hot temperatures hot for up to six hours, and cold temperatures for up to 24 hours. The double-wall of stainless steel protects the temperature of the liquid inside, unlike single-walled or other types of plastic bottles.
This also means that if you put ice in the bottle, it won’t leave a puddle or drip due to condensation. There is a proprietary powder coat on the outside, meaning that the stainless steel won’t slip out of your hands. A handle at the top allows for this container to be easily transported as well. You can purchase and swap different lids for this drinking container.
- Lid made out of BPA-free plastic
- A wide flip lid allows for spill-free coffee drinking
- Ability to change the lid
- Not microwave-safe
9. Yeti Rambler Travel Mug
The Yeti Rambler is a highly versatile mug that can easily be taken on the go—just strap it to the back of your pack while you’re hiking or camping. This stainless steel mug is girthy and has an insulating material with a lid.
The color of mug is made out of Duracoat, which prevents scratches, fading, or peeling. The mug is also dishwasher-safe and holds up to 14 ounces of liquid. The double-wall vacuum insulation will keep your hot drinks hot and your cold drinks cold for hours. This mug is made for being out in the wild.
- Dishwasher safe
- Has double-insulation
- The Duracoat prevents scratches or peeling
- Only holds up to 14 ounces of liquid
8. Zojirushi Travel Mug
The Zojirushi stainless steel coffee mug is specially manufactured to make it lightweight and small. It’s available in 12, 16, and 20-ounce sizes, and has a 1.5” opening for sipping. The stainless steel vacuum insulation will keep your beverages either hot or cold for hours.
The model is made out of BPA-free plastic and stainless steel. The “pictograph” lock will help prevent spills. The flip-top lid must be held, and then flipped open—this prevents condensation from collecting on the inside of the lid. The nonstick inner material is also easy to clean.
- Safety lock prevents accidental opening
- Made out of BPA-free plastic
- Pictograph lock prevents spills
- The inside lid can get dirty
- There’s no handle for easy transport
7. Keurig 12 Ounce Stainless Steel Travel Mug
The Keurig Stainless Steel Travel Mug has room for twelve ounces of liquid, along with room for milk or cream. It has a stainless steel outer wall, with a plastic inner wall, as well as an airtight, flip-top lid. The lid is dishwasher safe, whereas the body is not. This model is designed exclusively for Keurig coffee machines and is designed with a comfortable grip for secure transport and holding. A recessed lip area allows you to sip on your coffee while focusing on something else. It fits easily in cup holders in the car.
- Fits in with the Keurig coffee maker
- Dishwasher safe lid
- Stainless steel outer wall
- The body is not dishwasher safe
- Only available in twelve-ounce size
6. Ello Campy Stainless Steel Travel Mug
If you’re looking for a rustic old-school mug that calls back to days of hiking and camping, this one’s it. But unlike old tin mugs, this has modern vacuum insulation and a soft handle. The insulated stainless steel will keep your hot beverages warm for up to five hours, and cold beverages cool up to 10. The plastic is BPA/BPS-free.
It is recommended to hand wash the tumbler, though the lid is dishwasher safe. Easily You can easily open and close the lid with the 100% leak-proof slider. Bring this mug along with you on your next hiking or camping trip.
- Modern vacuum insulation
- Dishwasher safe lid
- The body is not dishwasher safe
- The body is less grippable than other mugs
5. Contigo Snap Seal Superior Vacuum Travel Mug
This leak-proof lid will keep your beverages from spilling when you’re taking them on the go. With THERMALOCK Vacuum insulation, liquids will stay hot for up to six hours, and cold for up to twelve. The tumbler fits into most car cup holders.
The body must be hand-washed, while the lid is safe in the top rack of the dishwasher. A sturdy plastic handle allows you to easily grab and hold your beverage. The treading is designed for either a right-handed or left-handed person to use. The patented technology called Autoseal prevents spillage by automatically sealing the lid in between sips.
- Liquids stay hot for up to six hours and cold for up to twelve
- Leak-proof lid
- Left or right-handed handle
- The body is not dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t fit all car cupholders
4. Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug
The Contigo Stainless Steel Travel Mug is made with AUTOSEAL technology, so you never have to worry about spilling a drop in between sips. Simply push the button on the side of the thermos, and it will open for drinking.
The button then auto-seals the thermos which prevents spillage. Beverages stay hot for up to five hours and cold for up to 12 hours. You can easily take this spill-free, auto-sealed beverage container on the go. The mug also Includes a button lock so you won’t accidentally hit the auto-seal button and open the container.
- AUTOSEAL technology
- The lid can be washed in a dishwasher
- Holds only 16 ounces rather than 20
- The body cannot be washed in a dishwasher
3. Copco Acadia Travel Mug
This sturdy travel mug is made out of BPA-free plastic with double-walled insulation. With a textured grippable sleeve, the mug will fit most standard cup holders. Unlike many coffee travel mugs, it is microwavable and dishwasher safe.
A quarter-turn lid sealing design means that this travel mug won’t spill when you’re on the go or in the car. This mug is able to hold up to 16 ounces of liquid. and using this type of travel mug will replace your Styrofoam or paper cups. The lid material is just as compact as the rest of the cup, and screws in to secure its contents.
- BPA-free plastic
- Double-walled insulation
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Not as strong of a lid seal
- No handle
2. Bodum Travel Tea and Coffee Press
This unique travel mug allows you to brew and drink coffee or tea on the go, with its built-in plunger. A colorful, silicone gripper on the outside of the container makes it easy to grab your coffee while traveling. Add coffee and up to 15 ounces of hot water, seal the lid and drink your freshly pressed coffee within minutes after pressing the plunger all the way down. It has a spill-resistant lid, and this model is double-wall insulated with stainless steel, which will maintain heat for hours, without burning your hands on the outside.
- Allows you to brew coffee on the go
- Made of vacuum-sealed, double-walled insulation
- Holds up to 15 ounces of coffee
- No handle
- No auto seal mechanism
1. Thermos Stainless King Travel Mug
The Thermos Stainless King is made out of durable stainless steel, on the interior and exterior. Its vacuum insulation technology will retain temperatures as well as prevent the exterior of the model from becoming too hot or forming condensation when cold.
The vacuum insulation works by developing an airless space between the two walls; rejecting the convection process, as well as temperature changes. With a built-in tea hook, this travel mug works for tea bags or loose leaf tea as well. Capable of holding up to 16 ounces, this travel mug can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Keeps liquids hot for 7 hours
- Keeps liquids cool for 18 hours
- Easily holds tea bags
- No handle
- Doesn’t fit in all car cupholders
How to Choose the Best Travel Mug for You in 2022
- Whether you’ll go with a stainless steel travel coffee mug, glass travel coffee mug, ceramic travel coffee mug, or any other type out there is dependent on your wants and needs. Because while the stainless types are quite popular, there are some people who still want the feel of a ceramic mug even if they’re taking their coffee in the car. Ceramic, however, can be prone to breaking so that’s something that you might want to consider before you go for one.
- One aspect that many people are looking for in a travel mug is its ability to keep liquids hot or cold. In this case, a Thermos coffee travel mug might be the one for you or you could choose from other insulated travel mugs that are available in the market today. This provides the mug with heat retention which is instrumental in keeping your coffee hot.
- For people who are on the go, being able to wash and clean the mug is a big plus. That’s why a dishwasher-safe coffee travel mug may be something that you might want to consider as well. If you want to be a little bit fancy, you can even get a travel mug with a french press built in it.
What’s the Best Travel Mug for You in 2022?
The best coffee travel mug is not one thing, brand, or type. It should be the travel mug that best suits your preference and the demands of your day-to-day life; whether it’s in the office, on the road, or wherever you want to take your coffee.
While bringing your own water bottle is popular these days, there are just some of us who need their to-go coffee, and the plastic travel mugs are just not going to cut it.
It’s a good thing that the travel coffee mug has surged in popularity as well, and this has allowed many to enjoy their coffee and tea even if they’re always on the go. But with so many options these days, how can you tell which among the rest is the best coffee travel mug
The Best Travel Mug for Us in 2022
Based on all the factors weighed against each other, the best coffee travel mug to purchase is ideally the Contigo Snap Superior Vacuum travel mug, which has many beneficial features. One great feature is the auto snap seal—this allows you to securely close your coffee mug between sips, to prevent spillage.
In addition to that, the temperature control of the model allows hot beverages to stay hot for up to six hours, and cold temperatures for up to 12 hours. The sturdy plastic handle makes it easier to take this mug on the go.
When looking for a coffee mug to take on the go, you want a model that will not only retain temperature but also protect against the inevitable bumps during the day that might tip your cup over. The ability to store either hot or cold beverages in a travel mug is a nice feature as well—we don’t always want to be chugging hot coffee in the summertime.
Last but not least, if you are interested in more