Dental floss. We all use it, or at least, we should. You might think that dental floss is a dime a dozen and it all does the same thing, however, you’d be wrong. You see, the best dental floss comes in all different forms. Some types are waxed, some are flavored, and some even comes in pick form instead of on a roll.
So, how do you know which type of floss to choose? Well, that’s where we come into the picture. There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of dental floss brands and styles on Amazon. We took to the task of finding you the perfect match.
On this list of 10, you’ll see dental floss with the best reviews and star ratings. Making your choice will be as easy as a Sunday morning.
You’ll see brands like Oral-B and Johnson & Johnson Reach. We’ve included styles and price ranges to meet the needs of almost everyone. From single to multi-packs, we’ve got them all.
So, are you ready to find the dental floss that works perfectly for your smile? Great! let’s get to the last.
- 10.Glide Oral-B Pro-Health
- 9. Listerine Gentle Gum Care
- 8. Oral-B Comfort Plus Dental Floss
- 7. Johnson & Johnson Dental Floss
- 6. Oral-B Complete Satin Dental Floss
- 5. DenTek Triple Clean Floss Picks
- 4. Dr. Tung’s Smart Floss
- 3. Oral-B Dental Floss Picks with Scope
- 2. REACH Dentotape, Unflavored
- 1. Gum Eez-Thru Flossers Mint
- Ways To Make Flossing A Habit
- Why We Chose Gum Eez-Thru Flossers Mint as Our Top Choice…
10.Glide Oral-B Pro-Health
Glide by Oral-B is a great brand of dental floss that many people use, and have used, for years. This product effectively removes tough plaque between your teeth and just below the gum line. Other dental flosses have a hard time getting the buildup that collects in these areas.
Another great thing about this dental floss is that it feels silky smooth and is made with a shred-resistant texture. You can get all those hard-to-reach places without the floss breaking apart.
- Slides up to 50% easier into tight spaces vs. regular floss
- #1 dentist recommended brand
- Coated with natural wax for improved grip
- A user reports that the floss broke during use, however, there are many positive reviews to dispute this
- Some folks may not like the minty flavor
9. Listerine Gentle Gum Care
Each box gives you 50 yards of Listerine Gentle Gum Care dental floss. Your gums will love the cushioned design, especially if you have sensitivities.
The floss is described as being soft and springy with its woven design. It protects your teeth and gums by effectively removing plaque from those hard to reach places like your back teeth.
This dental floss comes in 2 flavors: cool mint and cinnamon.
- Helps fight against bad breath
- The soft and smooth design is perfect for tender gums
- Gentle on gum and tough on plaque and teeth stains
- Some users claim the cinnamon flavor is very strong and numbs their tongue
- A user complains that the floss shreds
8. Oral-B Comfort Plus Dental Floss
Another stellar from Oral-B! This dental floss is all about comfort. It combines comfort with cleaning power to effectively remove plaque and buildup from the teeth. It even gets the plaque below the gum line and in between the teeth.
Plus, this dental floss gently stimulates the gums and helps prevent gingivitis from occurring.
The light coating of natural wax helps you keep a good grip on the floss so your hands don’t slip during use.
- Soft on gums, hard on plaque
- #1 dentist recommended brand
- Some users reported that the floss breaks easily
- Another user claims the floss doesn’t effectively remove food particles between the teeth
7. Johnson & Johnson Dental Floss
The floss has been designed to remove up to 52% more plaque than non-waxed flosses
You’ll love how easily this floss slides between your teeth. It also double-coated to ensure it does not shred during use.
- Floss is thicker than other brands
- Wax coating keeps the floss easy to grip and not slippery
- Some folks do not like the strong minty flavor
6. Oral-B Complete Satin Dental Floss
This dental floss is really cool, literally! When you use it, a release of cool, minty freshness bursts inside of your mouth. Your breath is fresh and your mouth feels cool as an ice glacier.
If you have sensitive gums, you’ll appreciate the satin-like texture of the floss. The floss feels great in your hands as it is equipped with comfort grip technology.
Easily remove plaque and buildup from between your teeth with this fabulous floss.
- Comes in a value pack
- Floss isn’t thin like some other brands
- 50 meters of floss in each box
- Some complaints that the floss splinters
- Some reports that the floss hurts the fingers when looped around them
5. DenTek Triple Clean Floss Picks
DenTek floss picks are unlike traditional floss tape rolls because they come on a convenient pick that helps you floss those very hard to reach places. Your molars will be squeaky clean after using these picks.
The innovative design helps to effectively remove plaque and buildup from your teeth.
These floss picks are made with a minty fresh flavor to help keep your breath smelling sweet.
- Floss is thin so it fits between teeth with ease
- Product is affordable
- Very easy to use
- Some users complain the picks aren’t long enough
- Floss is not coated and some users say this makes it difficult to glide between teeth
4. Dr. Tung’s Smart Floss
Dr. Tung’s Dental Floss expands into interdental spaces for superior cleaning and plaque removal. It is very easy to use and covers more surface area than other leading brands.
check out what the manufacturer has to say, “There’s no other floss quite like Smart Floss!. It is clinically proven to remove up to 55% MORE plaque than regular flosses. It stretches and expands into interdental spaces to clean better. This high-performance floss is suitable for everyone”.
- Coating with natural plant and beeswax
- Flavored with natural cardamon
- Safe for flossing around crowns and other dental work
- Some complaints of the floss fraying
3. Oral-B Dental Floss Picks with Scope
We love these Oral-B floss picks that have been treated with breath-freshening Scope. They are easy to use and leave your mouth feeling clean and refreshed.
You’ll experience a more complete clean when you use these floss picks. These flossers are designed with Textureslide technology.
You’ll find that the floss slides easily between your teeth and are completely shred resistant.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this product, “Oral-B Advantage Floss Picks Plus Scope Outlast Flavor are easy to use and provide a more complete clean. Picks feature a dual-action TextureSlide floss and an easy-use comfort grip handle. The TextureSlide Floss has a soft bristle-like texture that effectively removes plaque and food particles and is designed with a soft, velvety material to slide comfortably in between your teeth”.
- Slides up to 50% more easily in tight spaces
- Includes powerful Scope breath freshener
- Shred resistant
- Some users have reported floss breakage during use
2. REACH Dentotape, Unflavored
This dental floss is our pick for unflavored flossing. Some of you may not like all of the mint and cinnamon flavors floating around in dental floss world. This Reach dental floss gives your teeth a cleaning without all of the riff-raff.
You’ll love how effectively this floss removes plaque from your teeth, especially between the tight spaces. This dental floss has been designed to have an extra-wide cleaning surface.
- Approved by the American Dental Association
- Made in the USA
- Clinically proven to clean away plaque from between teeth
- Some users say that they wished the floss was thicker
1. Gum Eez-Thru Flossers Mint
Gum professional flossers are our favorite! These flossers are super easy to use and taste like mint. There are some reviews that claim the floss frays or breaks, but we’ve never experienced that.
These floss picks have been designed with maneuverability. they have a widened finger rest for greater comfort and control as you floss your teeth.
You’ll love the ribbed grip and wider handle for improved control.
Here is a word from the company, “GUM Professional Clean Flossers – NEW from GUM. Between-teeth cleaning is recommended by dentists and dental hygienists to remove the dental plaque between the teeth that toothbrushes alone cannot reach”.
- Each bag comes with a whopping 90 flossers
- One flosser will clean all of your teeth
- Very easy to use
- Some folks have complained of the flossers being “weak”
Ways To Make Flossing A Habit
If you’ve ever learned anything about dental health, then you know how important it is to floss. Unfortunately, not everyone makes flossing a part of their daily routine. If you struggle to floss as often as your dentist advises you, here are a few suggestions to help you do it regularly:
Carry It With You
Having floss on hand wherever you are, makes it easier to do it. You might not have time in the morning to floss before brushing your teeth. However, that doesn’t mean you can work it in your schedule. Put it in your purse or your car console, and do it while you’re on the go. Floss picks are great for allowing people to floss with one hand, so it’s easy to do it while you multitask.
Make It A Part Of Your Brushing Routine
Another good way to incorporate flossing is to just do it. You have to brush your teeth anyway, so why not carve out an extra minute to floss. It doesn’t take a lot of time, and it’s worth it. Maybe you should decide to floss before brushing, so that way it gets done before you’re finished cleaning your mouth. If you brush before your floss, there’s a good chance you will forget and neglect to floss.
Put It Close To The Dinner Table
If flossing is hard to incorporate into your dental hygiene, consider doing it right away. You likely have food between your teeth after you eat, so go ahead and floss at that moment. If you put some dental floss near dental the dinner table, it’ll remind you to do it. So before you pop back down on the couch, grab the floss. You can do it while you watch TV— it’s that simple.
Set A Reminder
If none of the methods above work, set a timer to floss your teeth. You can write a little message to yourself and pick a convenient time to do it. You only need a few minutes to get it done, and you’re good to go. Let’s say at 8 p.m. before bed, you set a timer to floss. It’s better to put in by your nightstand, to make it easier.
Why It’s So Important To Floss
Dental hygiene is just as important as your body’s hygiene. It’s something that needs to be done on a daily basis to make sure you’re fresh and clean. A lot of attention is always put on brushing your teeth, but there are some places that your toothbrush can’t reach. That’s where flossing and comes in. It gets the food from between your teeth to help prevent decay and bad breath. If you allow a residue to sit between your teeth, it can lead to dental issues that are costly and uncomfortable. Flossing is one of the primary factors of having excellent oral health.
Why We Chose Gum Eez-Thru Flossers Mint as Our Top Choice…
All of the dental flosses we have listed are of great quality. We like the fact that there are both flavored and unflavored varieties available. However, we had to choose one of these great flosses for our number one spot. We decided to go with Gum Eez-Thru Flossers Mint.
Like many, we prefer our floss in the form of an easy-to-use pick. Gum flossers are able to reach your back teeth without having to strain. We love the minty flavor and durability of the floss.
Which dental floss will you be purchasing today? Maybe you’ll go with our top pick or you’ll choose another brand from the list.
Make sure you click on the yellow Amazon button to make your purchase. it’s easy and convenient!