Our world can be a smelly place, and while the smell of bacon sizzling or the odor from a fresh bouquet of flowers fills us with delight, odor from trash, pets, and a myriad of other strong smelling things can make our homes, cars, and workplaces unpleasant. Let’s find the best odor remover for you.
We love our pets, but a cat’s litter box can quickly stink up an entire house. It is extremely frustrating to work hard to clean your house and have it looking nice, only to have a stinky smell ruin all your hard work and make your guests think you don’t keep a clean home.
There are a variety of odor removers on the market.
Gels can wick odor from the air without releasing a strong odor. They can be placed into as many containers as you like for odor control in any room of your home, in the car, or at work. If using a gel around kids or pets make sure it is a natural product.
Liquid concentrates can be used on a variety of surfaces and often kill germs as well as eliminating odors. They are one of the most affordable options for odor control but must be deployed by you. They won’t continuously eliminate odors.
Bags and packages of cleaning material that can be placed near a smell work similar to a gel, but may be intended to use as a package and isn’t for distributing around your house like a gel.
If you have allergies or respiratory problems, or if strong smells bother you a lot, be careful to choose an unscented odor remover. While odor removers claim to remove and not mask smells, they often have a strong odor because they are made of strong smelling natural oils.
It may take a few products to entirely remove odors from your home or car, especially if you want to remove odors indoors and outdoors. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of a variety of odor removing products to choose the best ones for you.
10.Fresh Wave Continuous Release Odor Removing Gel
This clever gel gets rid of odors naturally. This product uses no harsh chemicals and won’t mask odors with a fragrance. You can pour this gel into any container you like and put in near the source of odors. This gel is safe for people and pets so you won’t have to worry about where you put the gel.
- Distribute gel into as many containers as you like
- Continuously removes odors from the air
- Safe for people and pets
- The gel dries up quickly
- The distinct smell of pine that some people don’t like
9. OdoBan Ready-to-Use 32 oz Spray Bottle and 1 Gal Concentrate
- Kills 99.99% of Germs
- Orignal Eucalyptus Scent
- RTU (Ready To Use) Trigger Sprayer Bottle
OdoBan is a classic cleaning product that can be used on any hard or washable surface. It leaves a fresh scent in your choice of eucalyptus, citrus, cucumber melon, lavender, and more. This concentrate makes a whopping 32 gallons of cleaner, so you’ll be able to eliminate a lot of odors with one gallon.
- Kills 99.9% of germs for clean and odor control in one product
- Comes with ready to use trigger spray bottle
- Makes 32 gallons
- Very strong smell
- Spray bottle sometimes delivered leaking
8. Earth Care Odor Removing Bag Stinky Smells Pet odor
- REMOVES (not masks) odors of pets, urine, cigarette smoke, marijuana smoke, dead rodents, pet litter box odors.
- GREAT for realtors during open houses; apartment building managers, RV'ers and boaters, anyone living in humid climate,...
- CLEARS the AIR of musty and moldy smells - GREAT for use in basements and storage rooms. ELIMINATES garbage and trash...
This efficient product removes odor naturally with a non-toxic formula that is safe to use around pets and children. This product is extremely easy to use. Simply place the bag near the source of the smell and the odors will vanish or be greatly reduced within 24 hours.
- One bag covers 50 – 100 square feet
- Lasts three to four months
- All natural
- Need several bags to eliminate very strong smells
- Doesn’t work as well in extreme heat
7. The ORIGINAL Bad Air Sponge Odor Absorbing Neutralant
- THE ORIGINAL BAD AIR SPONGE removes odors and freshens air from porous materials and objects by drawing out and...
- ELIMINATES ODORS FROM ANY SPACE, home, office, car, boat, camper and more! Can tackle some of your toughest odors in...
- EASY TO USE, place the plastic jar in the room or area with the unpleasant smell, and simply open the jar. It will begin...
This classic odor sponge neutralizes odor in the air and pulls odors out of furniture and carpet. Simply place the package in the area where you want the smell to be absorbed and it will do the rest. When the sponge stops removing the smell, you know it is time to replace it.
- Standard in odor sponges that have been in use for a long time
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t last long
- Works better on lingering smell than active strong smells
- Must be kept away from pets and kids
6. Angry Orange Pet Odor Industrial Strength Pet Odor Remover Fast
- Get Rid Of The Toughest Pet Odors: Angry Orange is a commercial grade citrus pet odor remover
- Safe: Angry Orange pet urine odor remover is derived from the oil found in orange peels.
- Makes (4) 32 Ounce Spray Bottles: 1 gallon of pet odor remover and carpet cleaner solution from our 8 ounce bottle
This commercial-grade odor remover uses citrus to eliminate odor. It was originally formulated for use on feedlots, boarding kennels, etc. this non-toxic formula is safe and natural, derived from the oil found in orange peels. This concentrate makes four 32 oz spray bottles.
- Eliminates the toughest pet odors
- Commercial grade formula
- Natural and non-toxic
- Very powerful smell
- Will make pets sick if they lick where it has been sprayed
5. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04532GM Room Odor Eliminator
- Long-Term Odor Solution: Quiet Fan Pulls In Unwanted Smells That Are Trapped and Neutralized by the 3 Replaceable Carbon...
- Fresh Scent: The Green Meadow Cartridge Offers a Light, Fresh Scent That Replaces Unwanted Odors.
- Traps and Neutralizes Common Household Odors: Terrific for Eliminating Kitchen, Bathroom, Pet, and Tobacco Odors. Also...
This incredible little machine can keep a room of 10 square feet smelling fresh for up to three months. It uses three carbon filters to trap and neutralize odors. You can choose between two speeds for the intensity you want.
- Doesn’t use as much energy as a 15 watt light bulb
- Filters last for up to three months
- Two speeds
- Works best in a very small room
4. Zorbx 16oz Unscented Odor Remover
- UNSCENTED, SAFER AND STRONGER – ZorbX unscented multipurpose odor remover is unscented and hypoallergenic, making it a...
- MULTIPURPOSE – There’s no odor this remover can’t handle! It works on pet odors, cat urine, smoke smell, chemical...
- WORKS INSTANTLY – There’s no mixing required – this odor remover works instantly on tough odors, right out of the...
This odor remover will get rid of the smell without irritating you with its own smell. It is suitable for people who have respiratory problems or allergies. This improved formula is stronger and safer. It works on both organic and chemical odors so it is very versatile.
- Commonly used in healthcare since it can remove organic and chemical smells
- Suitable for people with respiratory problems
- No unpleasant odor
- Must make direct contact with the source of the smell
- Must spray air to remove odors from the air
3. Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag. Odor Eliminator for Cars
No products found.
This incredibly convenient odor removing bag absorbs odor and moisture, for a fresh, dry, odor-free living space. This natural product is free of chemicals and is non-toxic. Moso bamboo charcoal absorbs odors and allergens and prevents the development of mold and mildew.
- One bag can cover up to 90 square feet
- Reuse for an incredible two years
- Re-activate charcoal by putting the bag in the sun once a month for an hour
- Works better in smaller spaces
- Won’t remove very strong smells
No products found.
2. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow...
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymatic bacteria that are...
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants,...
If the smell you want to eliminate is coming from pets’ accidents or marking, this odor eliminator can completely destroy the source of the smell using enzymes that feed on organic matter. This product is gentle and safe to use on fabrics, carpet, and around pets and children.
- Use on any surface
- Non-toxic and safe to use around kids and pets
- Satisfaction guaranteed with a money-back refund
- Need to thoroughly soak stains with the product
- The smell of product lingers
1. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator
- NEW & IMPROVED LARGER UNIT AND DESIGN – Over 6,000 mg of ozone production and a larger fan sterilizes more square...
- POWERFUL ODOR ELIMINATION – Eliminates virtually ANY mal-odors from cigarette/cigar smoke, pet odors, paint/cleaning...
- COST AND ECO-FRIENDLY DESIGN – Ultra-low energy usage yields cost and energy savings. Industrial grade aluminum alloy...
This impressive unit produces over 6000 mg of ozone, using a large fan to sterilize a lot of square footage. This commercial grade ozone generator is lightweight and portable enough that you can take it anywhere. You will never need to clean a filter or do anything to keep this ozone generator continuously removing odors from your space.
- One year warranty
- Commercial grade use
- Retards growth of mold and mildew
- Meant to be used in unoccupied spaces
- Ozone can damage some delicate clothing or materials
Additional Ways To Keep Your Home Fresh
Odor removers are great for keeping your house smelling nice. However, there are several ways to ensure that your home environment stays fresh. Here are some additional tips you can do to keep odor at bay:
Oil diffusers are a great way to keep the smells in your home giving off a nice aroma. You can drop any combination of essential oils together in the diffuser and let it burn for hours. Plus, aromatherapy is a fantastic way of relieving stress, treating respiratory ailments, and calming anxiety.
Candles provide a soothing ambiance and keep your home smelling lovely. You can light them at any time, but they’re wonderful to use while cooking potent foods or after you’ve finished cleaning. Furthermore, candles come in so many varieties of scents that you’ll never get boring. You can burn any smell scent from citrus to apple cinnamon to vanilla cupcake—it’s our choice.
There are small electrical pots that you can buy to warm up scented liquids. You can add in dried fruits to enhance the smell or put in cinnamon sticks to give it extra aroma. Even if you don’t have those things, pouring in cleaning liquids such as Pine-Sol will give your home a fabulous smell.
Plug-Ins are another great tool to keep your house smelling good every day. You can put them on a low setting to help preserve the scented oil, or when your home needs to ward off bad smells, you can turn the setting on high to drive out the odor. They are inexpensive, and you can place them in every room of your house. They’re perfect for providing delightful aromas without the need to continually spray or burn candles.
Automatic Scent Sprayers
Another cool item that you can use for a fresh-smelling home is an automatic sprayer. It gives the room a spontaneous boost of aroma without you having to do it yourself. Place your favorite scent the air freshener and place it in the spray capsule. There are several settings for you to choose from for the time you like the automatic sprayer to work. For instance, if you want it to spray every 15 minutes, you would set the time, and it’ll automatically air freshener at your desired interval of time.
Take Out The Trash
Keeping bad smells away is a daunting task because there are so many things that can sour and give your home a bad odor. Your garbage is one of the primary culprits for providing unpleasant smells throughout your house. So if you notice that things aren’t smelling nice, check your trash first. Even if it’s not full, there could be something in there that’s rotting.
Clean The Garbage Disposal
Lastly, you should consider cleaning out your garbage disposal. It’s one of those places that you might not think to look when you’re trying to find the source of bad odor. Although garbage disposals chop up your food, sometimes it still lingers, which causes decay in a horrible smell. There are products that you can buy that will self clean the disposal for you and add freshness to it. You won’t have to worry about sticking your hand or a cleaning brush inside to do it yourself.
Which should you buy?
If you want odors gone for good and don’t want to deal with a lot of maintenance or replacing gels or sprays, the Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer might be perfect for you. This incredible machine puts out 6000 mg of ozone with a large fan that spreads it through your space.
This ozone is incredibly effective at completely eliminating all odors, and doesn’t need to have filters replaced. Just turn it on in any unoccupied space and come back to an odorless space. You can use the timer to determine how long it should run for.