What makes the top steering wheel cover? Your steering wheel is your communication to your car, so it is essential that you have good grip and control over your wheel.
Furthermore, all the time that you spend in your car you have your hands on the wheel, so the wheel must be comfortable and ergonomic for long-term grip.
You probably don’t wash your hands every time you get into your car. A steering wheel cover can protect your steering wheel from everyday damage and dirt. People living in cold climates may appreciate a steering wheel that can heat, while people living in hot climates will want a cover that does not become too hot if the car sits in the sun.
Style, of course, is another important consideration in choosing a steering wheel cover. You can choose a cover that will match the upholstery or color of your car, or stand out in a fun color and fabric. The steering wheel is a great place to express your personality through your car, while also providing you with a more comfortable driving experience.
Steering wheel covers made of leather can beautifully match a leather interior and add luxury to your driving experience. Steering wheels made of cooling mesh offer to cushion for your hands and don’t get hot when your car sits in the sun. Colors, patterns, and textures that appeal to your personal sense of style can let you express yourself in your car.
Whether your steering wheel is already starting to fall apart or you have a brand new steering wheel that you want to protect, you can find the perfect steering wheel cover to accent your car, make your hands happy as your drive, and protect your steering wheel.
Be careful to choose a cover that fits your wheel perfectly, as a cover that is too tight will be useless and one that is too loose can be dangerous, affecting the control of your car. If you have controls for your radio, cruise control, Bluetooth, etc. on your wheel, be aware of where these controls are so you don’t cover them.
- 10. cutequeen trading Sheepskin Stretch-On Steering Wheel Cover Black
- 9. NEW ARRIVAL – CAR PASS Delray Lace and Spacer Mesh wheel
- 8. Sino Banyan Girly Crystal Steering Wheel Cover
- 7.Zone Tech Plush Stretch- On Vehicle Steering Wheel Cover
- 6. Mayco Bell Car Steering Wheel Cover 15 inch No Smell
- 5. Yontree Winter Warm Faux Wool Handbrake Cover Gear Shift Cover
- 4. Rueesh Microfiber Leather Steering Wheel Cover
- 3. Bell Automotive 22-1-53212-1 Universal Baja Blanket Wheel Cover
- 2. SEG Direct Black Microfiber Leather Auto Car Steering Wheel Cover
- 1. Valleycomfy Steering Wheel Covers With Genuine Leather
- Do You Really Need A Steering Wheel Cover?
- Which should you buy?
10. cutequeen trading Sheepskin Stretch-On Steering Wheel Cover Black
If you want a comfortable steering wheel cover, this faux sheepskin steering wheel cover has you covered. This steering wheel cover will fit most standard wheels. It offers a plush, massage grip that feels thick and comfortable to your hands. The plush feel of this steering wheel can protect your hands from hot or cold.
- Fits most steering wheels
- Grip feels thick, plush, and comfortable
- May feel too thick to give you a good grip on the wheel
- Sheds a lot
9. NEW ARRIVAL – CAR PASS Delray Lace and Spacer Mesh wheel
This stylish steering wheel cover has sequins covered by lace, to give your steering wheel a classy look while also offering breathability. An anti-slip design on the inner ring ensures that this steering wheel cover will remain stable while you are driving. Breathable spacer mesh helps protect your hands from hot and cold.
- Stylish sequin under lace looks pretty
- Breathable mesh design
- Anti-slip design
- Sequins can be blinding
- Could be more cushioned
8. Sino Banyan Girly Crystal Steering Wheel Cover
This sparkly wheel cover will catch everyone’s eye with top diamond craftwork. The crystals are set closely so they feel smooth against your hand while you drive. They are designed to massage your hands while you drive. This cover will fit most 15-inch steering wheels with a snug fit. This cover comes in a range of colors so you can match your style perfectly.
- Classy, sparkly appearance
- Fits most 15 inch wheels
- Comes in a range of colors
- Sparkle may be blinding in the sunlight
- Crystal digs into the hand if you grip hard
7.Zone Tech Plush Stretch- On Vehicle Steering Wheel Cover
This plush steering wheel cover is soft and comfortable sheepskin. It retains heat in winter and cold in summer, so that every time you put your hands on the wheel will be pleasant. The thick, comfortable cover can massage your hands and offer good grip. Faux sheepskin looks great with any interior and is fairly easy to install.
- Good for the hot or cold weather with insulation plush material
- Looks luxurious in any interior
- Thick, comfortable feel is ergonomic and easy to grip
- Dog hair is attracted to material
- Tends to fit a little loose compared to competing for steering wheel covers
6. Mayco Bell Car Steering Wheel Cover 15 inch No Smell
If you want a straightforward steering wheel cover that offers durability and quality, this may be the cover for you. It is made of a durable microfiber leather that will look stylish with any interior. It comes in several color combinations so you can choose the perfect fit for your car.
- Durable microfiber leather
- Comes in several color combinations
- Still gets warm in the sun
- Stitching comes undone over time
5. Yontree Winter Warm Faux Wool Handbrake Cover Gear Shift Cover
Whoever said your car’s interior couldn’t be as cozy as your bedroom? This playful steering wheel cover comes with a cover for your gear shift and handbrake as well, so your car will be sporting fluffy all over the driver’s seat. The super soft and luxurious faux wool helps keep your hands cozily warm in winter.
- Comes in a range of fun colors
- Luxurious faux wool
- Comes with covers for handbrake and gear shift as well
- Too warm for hot summers
- May shed
If you want your steering wheel cover to blend in with your interior so no one will even notice that you have a cover, this may be the sleek choice for you. This high-quality microfiber steering wheel cover is thicker than competing covers and does a good job of hiding wear and tear on your steering wheel. An anti-slip matte finish makes sure this cover grips your steering wheel.
- Two-year warranty
- Blends into your interior
- Anti-slip grip
- Difficult to center when installing
- Trim piece rubs against your hand
3. Bell Automotive 22-1-53212-1 Universal Baja Blanket Wheel Cover
This fun steering wheel cover easily slips onto most steering wheels, adding instant style and character to your interior. You can do your entire interior in this look if you like, for a whole new style for your car.
- Fun southwestern inspired pattern
- Covers for seats sold separately for a whole look
- Comes with a weird smell
- Difficult to grip
- Should be left in sun for several days prior to use
2. SEG Direct Black Microfiber Leather Auto Car Steering Wheel Cover
This attractive steering wheel cover is made of a durable microfiber leather that is smooth to the touch. This cover is stable, skidproof, and resistant to the heat of a car left in the sun. There is a range of stylish colors to choose from so you can customize your steering wheel cover to match your decor.
- Stylish appearance
- Healthy and eco-friendly
- Durable microfiber leather
- Too tight for wheels larger than 14.75′
1. Valleycomfy Steering Wheel Covers With Genuine Leather
This genuine leather steering wheel cover will make your interior look luxurious and give you a comfortable driving experience. Heavy duty leather weighs 1.3 pounds, far outweighing competition with this soft, thick, ergonomic grip. This steering wheel cover will give you a better grip on the wheel for safer driving. This cover is resistant to heat so it will be comfortable in summer.
- Heavy duty genuine leather
- Gives you a better grip on the wheel
- Fits wheels from 14.5 – 15.5
- Comes folded, so there is a crease that takes some time to go away
- Doesn’t cover the inside of the wheel, so may not blend well with the interior
- May feel cold in winter
Do You Really Need A Steering Wheel Cover?
When it comes to cars, most people like to put their own little touch on them. Some people get customized vehicle tags or add trinkets around the rearview mirror. However, the steering wheel gets neglected sometimes. But it’s one of the easiest things to decorate within your car. In case you think that a steering wheel cover is only a good idea for newbie teenage drivers, here are some other cool reasons to get a steering wheel cover:
Make the Car Stand Out
Have you ever been in the parking lot looking for your car? It’s one of those embarrassing moments that makes you feel like you can’t remember anything. But having a steering wheel cover, you can spot your car a lot faster. Even if you have a remote siren that helps you find your car, you still have to look around to find where the alarm is coming from. But if you have a steering wheel cover that stands out, you’ll likely see it quicker. Not to mention, having a cover on your wheel gives it a unique look. It’s a way of saying this is my car no one else’s.
Protects Hands From Hot Sun
During the summer months, the sun is no joke. Getting into your car feels like walking into a sauna, and it’s not comfortable putting on your seatbelt or even sitting down. Especially, if you have leather seats. Well, the same goes for your steering wheel. Your wheels are an easy target for the sun rays beaming through your windshield. It’s one of the primary areas of your car that’s going to heat up pretty quickly, and you don’t want to feel that after walking in the heat to get to your car. The best thing you can do is put a wheel cover on, to help relieve some of the sting.
Preserves The Steering Wheel
Honestly, your steering wheel is prone to a lot of wear and tear. It’s the part of your car that’s always being touched and constantly in motion. You’ve likely seen steering wheels that are faded in the areas where the driver’s hands are normally placed. It gives the wheel a very old and wornout look. Thankfully, covers provide your wheel with the protection it needs from and wear tear. If at any point you decide to take off your wheel cover, your steering wheel will look like new.
Lastly, having a steering wheel cover is the perfect way to personalize your car. The interior of most vehicles are pretty dull, and they don’t come with a lot of color. However, if you are someone who loves a bold look, adding a flashy wheel cover is the best way to make the inside of your car pop. Not to mention, you can personalize it even more by adding your name or your favorite sports team on to it—the options are endless.
Which should you buy?
Your goal in a steering wheel cover is to replace a crumbling steering wheel exterior or protect a new steering wheel, but you also want to improve your driving experience with a steering wheel cover that feels and performs better than your naked steering wheel did.
The Valleycomfy Steering Wheel Covers Universal 15 inch With Genuine Leather For Car Truck Suv provides 1.3 pounds of sturdy, comfortable grip with genuine leather that hugs your steering wheel with a tight fit that makes your driving experience more comfortable, cooler, and more stylish.