We love our pets and can’t imagine living without them, but they can create some powerful messes. Dogs and cats that urinate inappropriately tend to do it again in the same place if they can smell the mark, so it is especially important that urine is removed thoroughly when you are potty training your pet or dealing with an aging pet that may be developing dementia. What makes the top pet stain remover?
If you have animals in your home it will also be exceptionally important that the stain remover that you use is safe for your pets. You may not mind keeping pets away from a treated area for a short time, but if the cleaner you use causes toxins or irritants to remain in your fabric your pets could suffer.
If you have any pets or pets that repeatedly soil your carpet, rugs, or other fabrics, you may find yourself removing stains frequently. You need a stain remover that will not damage fabric if used repeatedly so you can feel confident using the stain remover every time you need it.
Some stain removers are focused on carpet or rugs, while others are designed to be used on other fabrics and upholstery. The design and effectiveness may be different depending on the intended use of the product, so be careful to choose the right product for your needs.
If your pets frequently eliminate inappropriately on your carpet or rugs but leave your upholstery alone, you can get a carpet stain remover which may work well with steam vacuums. If your pet eliminates on both carpet and upholstery, for instance, if you have a dog who urinated out of excitement, then choose a multi-use product that will have you covered no matter what fabric you need to clean.
- 10. Bubba’s Rowdy Friends Pet Supply Pet Stain and Odor Remover
- 9. KIDS ‘N’ PETS Instant All-purpose Stain & Odor Remover
- 8. Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover (32oz, Pack of 2)
- 7. Simple Solution Pet Stain and Odor Remover with Pro-Bacteria
- 6. Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover, Orange Oxy, Trigger Spray
- 5. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle – Enzyme Cleaner for Dog and Cat Urine
- 4.Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover
- 3. Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize, 11521 (22fl oz)
- 2. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
- 1. Bissell Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Portable Carpet Cleaner
- Tips For Maintaining A Clean Home With Pets
- Final Thoughts On Maintaining A Clean Home With Pets
- Which should you buy?
10. Bubba’s Rowdy Friends Pet Supply Pet Stain and Odor Remover
This stain remover is scientifically formulated to be more potent than competing for enzyme cleaners. This stain remover will work well on your flooring, carpets, area rugs, and upholstery. It is gentle enough to use around kids and pets without concern. The natural, green, organic ingredients in this product destroy odors and stains completely. A dormant bacteria is used that wakes up when it finds a food source like urine and eliminates the enzymes.
- Works on a range of flooring and upholstery
- Safe to use around kids and pets
- Works on other animals and odors too
- Bubba smell replaces pee smell
9. KIDS ‘N’ PETS Instant All-purpose Stain & Odor Remover
This effective product can remove a wide variety of stains and odors. The patented formula neutralizes odors for a deep clean that deters from future urination in the area. You can use this product on any water-safe surface, from furniture and carpet to clothing and bedding. This product is non-toxic so it is safe to use around kids and pets and is biodegradable and cruelty-free.
- Neutralizes odors from a lot of stains
- Use on any water-safe surface
- May leak in shipping
8. Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover (32oz, Pack of 2)
This effective cleaner can remove even the most stubborn grime and grease as well as pet accidents. Whether you want to clean blood, red wine, rust, food, etc. this cleaner can handle the stain, old or new. This stain remover is good not only for carpet and upholstery but woodwork and wall surfaces as well. No rinsing or vacuuming is required, so this product is easy to use.
- Removes stubborn grease and other stains as well as pet stains
- Doesn’t require rinsing or vacuuming
- Effective spray delivery
- Best for lighter stains
- Doesn’t work as well on old stains
7. Simple Solution Pet Stain and Odor Remover with Pro-Bacteria
This solution is made in the USA so you can feel good about purchasing it. It is formulated to neutralize even tough dog and cat stains. The pro-bacteria formula utilizes bacteria and enzymes to completely eliminate stains and odors, eliminating the danger of repeat marking.
- Removes dog and cat stains from any water-safe surface
- 3 in 1 nozzle sprayer gives you options in delivering the cleaning agent
- Made in the USA
- Maybe worth it to go up to extreme odor version
- Doesn’t completely remove the smell
6. Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover, Orange Oxy, Trigger Spray
This innovative stain remover utilizes a super-oxygenated cleaning agent that lifts stains out. Whether you need to remove pet stains, blood, dirt, or other stains, this natural product can be used to gently lift odors and stains out of your fabric or upholstery. This product works great on kennels, carriers, etc. as well as on fabric.
- Natural orange formula
- Super-oxygenated formula removes stains quickly
- The smell can be pungent
- Won’t get stains completely out of light carpet
5. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle – Enzyme Cleaner for Dog and Cat Urine
This effective cleaner removes pet stains on the carpet, hardwood, furniture, leather, beds, etc. for a very versatile multi-use cleaner. It is safe to use this natural enzyme formula around pets and kids. This stain remover is made in the USA to the highest quality. You can feel great about purchasing the product since 10% of profits goes to rescues.
- Money back guarantee
- Donates to shelters
- Safe to use on a wide range of materials
- Works better on the dog than cat messes
- Doesn’t prevent dogs from urinating on areas again
4.Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover
This powerful spray is designed for the toughest odors and organic stains. This formula is three times stronger than the standard solution so you know it can eliminate the toughest challenges. This professional strength formula breaks down stains and odors safely and quickly so your pet won’t mark again. The patented sprayer makes application a breeze.
- Extremely powerful formula gets out the toughest stains
- Breaks down stains and odors completely to prevent re-marking
- Patented sprayer makes application easy
- Although stains appear to be gone initially, they may return
- Doesn’t discourage remarking
3. Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize, 11521 (22fl oz)
If you have light stains to remove frequently, this extremely affordable stain remover might be the best pick for you. This stain remover also kills 99.9% of bacteria on soft surfaces so you know the stain will be gone along with any dangerous germs. This product is safe to use repeatedly on fabric since it will only make it softer. The penetrating action removes stains as well as allergens.
- Kills bacteria as well as removing the stain
- Works on any soft surface
- Can be used repeatedly without damage
- Does not utilize enzymes so will not discourage repeat marking
- Can only be used on soft fabrics
2. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
This powerful stain remover eliminates odors, stains, and residue. This professional strength formula can handle any stain left by your pet using enzymatic bacteria that devour any organic material including ammonia, to that the stain will be completely destroyed. This formula is gentle and safe to use around pets and children. It is safe for any carpet and most surfaces.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Professional strength enzymatic bacteria formula
- Safe to use around kids and pets.
- Must dilute stain with water first
- The smell of the product lasts for some time
1. Bissell Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Portable Carpet Cleaner
If you have serious stain removing to do regularly, this carpet cleaner may be a tool worth investing in. This convenient tool lets you spray, scrub, and suction pet messes from your carpet, upholstery, rugs, inside your car, etc. The formula that works with this vacuum is conveniently stored in the machine so it is ready to use without mixing. Just pull out your vacuum and remove urine, feces, blood, grass, etc. with ease.
- Cleaning formula included in vacuum for convenience
- Vacuum scrubs and sucks for you so you don’t have to
- Battery operated so you can grab and go
- The cleaning solution is used up quickly
- Battery dies quickly
Tips For Maintaining A Clean Home With Pets
Having a pet is fun, and it’s nice for companionship. However, if you’ve ever had a cat or dog, then you know they can wreak havoc on your home. Luckily, there are ways for you to own a pet and have a clean house. Here are a few steps you can take to make sure your home stays clean:
Bathe Them Regularly
Pets might not need baths as often as humans, but they need them pretty regularly. Sometimes it’s a hassle to give your dog a bath and it’s easy to push it off to a later date. But, it’s imperative that you wash your pet as often as needed. Doing so wards off bad smells, gets rid of dirt and grime, minimizes fleas and ticks, and makes your pet feel nice. A clean pet equals a clean home.
Shedding is a huge problem when it comes to pets, especially if they have long hair. One of the best way to prevent pet fur from spreading all over your house is the brush them. It’s better to take five minutes of your time to brush their mane than to spend your time cleaning hair off of the floor and furniture. Make it a part of your daily routine, and it’ll save you a lot of headache.
Keep A Towel Near The Door
After your pet comes in from playing or taking a bathroom break, it is usually easier to just let them run back in the house. But it’s a good idea to keep a towel next to the door to wipe off their paws and other areas that are dirty. This will keep them from tracking dirt and other mess into your home.
Use Cleansing Wipes
Cleansing wipes that are formulated for pets are a great way to keep things spic and span. Your pets can get pretty filthy when they are enjoying themselves outside. However, that doesn’t mean youR house has to become a victim of filthy paws. The best thing to do is to cleanse your pet before they come in, and you’re good to go. It’s a bit of a hassle, but you’ll either have to clean your furry friend or your house—it’s your choice.
Unless you want fur sticking to everything, you have to vacuum regularly. You don’t want your guests coming into your house clear of pet hair and walking out full of it. By vacuuming your furniture and carpet, it helps to keep unwanted pet hair away.
Final Thoughts On Maintaining A Clean Home With Pets
As you can see from the list above, there are several ways you can keep your home clean, even with a pet. Having a dog or cat doesn’t have to mean that you have fur balls and paw stains all over your floors. Nor does your house have to smell. Thankfully, there is a way for you to enjoy your furry friends and keep your home in pristine condition.
Which should you buy?
If you have lots of pet messes to clean up regularly and want a tool that will also be useful for other household stains and messes, the Bissell Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Portable Carpet Cleaner. This convenient tool gives you the power of steam cleaning in a versatile, portable tool that you can grab and get to cleaning within seconds of a spill or accident.
The cleaning solution is included in the vacuum so you won’t have to fill, mix, or squirt while you vacuum. You can easily clean out dirty water from the separation chamber. If you want to get clean but skip the scrubbing and blotting, this is the stain remover for you.