Having ice cream is such a good time! We think it is probably a favorite treat, worldwide. Do you remember going out for ice cream with your family as a kid? Perhaps, this was something you and your family would do on quiet Sunday afternoons. What is the top ice cream maker?
There was a time, where people really didn’t go out for ice cream but rather made it at home. Can you imagine the money that was saved, especially if you had a large family?
Going out for ice cream is fun and all, but nothing beats homemade ice cream in a frosty maker. Some ice cream makers even allow you to use snow! How fun.
We bet you are salivating right about now and totally pining for a big heaping bowl of your favorite sweet treat, aren’t you?
Choosing the right ice cream maker can be quite a process because there are so many varying kinds on the market. We know you’re a busy person so we took it upon ourselves to find the best and brightest ice cream makers that Amazon has to offer.
You’ll see brands like Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach, plus many more. We’ve even chosen a special model for our #1 spot.
So, are you ready to find your perfect ice cream maker? Great! Let’s get started.
- 10. Cuisinart ICE-30R Ice Cream Maker
- 9. Cuisinart Electronic Ice Cream Maker
- 8. Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker
- 7. White Mountain Ice Cream Maker
- 6. Breville Ice Cream Maker
- 5. BIMONK Ice Cream Maker
- 4. Nostalgia Electric Ice Cream Maker
- 3. Whynter Upright Ice Cream Maker
- 2. Cuisinart Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
- 1.KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker
- Yummy Ice Cream Recipes
- Why We Chose the KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker for Our # 1 Spot
10. Cuisinart ICE-30R Ice Cream Maker
This awesome little ice cream maker is double insulated and holds up to 2 quarts of frozen dessert including ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet.
You’ll love the attractive brushed metal housing with embossed logo.
Did you know that the heavy-duty motor makes frozen desserts or drinks in as little as 25 minutes? Outstanding!
The unit even features a large ingredient spout for dumping in your favorite mix-ins.
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Made from BPA materials
- Comes with an integrated motor, double-insulated freezer bowl, and automatic mixing paddle
- Some reports of the device breaking after just a few uses
- A reviewer reported that the ice cream maker overflowed
9. Cuisinart Electronic Ice Cream Maker
Much like the previous model, this Cuisinart model works pretty much the same…except for one amazing feature.
The control panel with LCD screen and 3 settings give you multiple speeds to choose from. There is also a countdown timer with an auto-shutoff feature.
This attractive stainless steel ice cream maker makes up to 2 quarts of your favorite frozen treats.
And get this, the new and improved paddle allows for faster processing times.
- Able to make ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, or sorbet
- Designed with an ingredient spout with an integrated measuring cup
- Made from BPA-free materials
- Comes with a recipe book
8. Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker
This innovative Hamilton Beach ice cream maker gives you a whopping 4 quarts of creamy, frozen goodness in under 40 minutes!
The fully automatic operation means you don’t have to do any labor-intensive work in order to get a bowl of creamy iced awesomeness. The maker does all the work for you and stops when your ice cream is ready.
Feel free to make homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt, custard, sherbert, and gelato in this machine.
- Features an easy-lock lid
- Can easily be hand washed
- Comes with a user-friendly manual that includes 20 delicious recipes
- Is not dishwasher safe
- A few buyers claim the maker doesn’t last more than a few months
7. White Mountain Ice Cream Maker
This amazing ice cream maker is from the White Mountain company and is part of their Appalachian Series. It is powered by electricity and can make up to 6 quarts of ice cream at one time. The typical timeframe is between 20 and 40 minutes depending on how much ice cream you make.
The triple-motion dasher system delivers creamy ice cream with a smooth consistency that melts in your mouth.
The powerful 12,000 rpm universal electric motor churns and blends ice cream with superiority.
- Made with durable stainless steel that lasts for years to come
- Handcrafted in New England out of pine and bound by strong galvanized hoops
- Comes in 4 and 6-quart models
- Some claim the motor is very noisy
- A user claims the bucket cannot hold water without leaking
6. Breville Ice Cream Maker
This ice cream maker is on the pricey side coming in at just under $400. However, it has been tried and tested by quite a few Amazon users and passes the usability test with flying colors.
The machine comes with an easy-to-understand user manual as well as videos on Amazon to help guide you through the user process, seamlessly.
You’ll love the 12 hardness settings for sorbet, frozen yogurt, gelato, and ice cream. The capacity is a 1.5-quart bowl.
- Can be used on the fully automatic mode or the manual mode
- Keep cool setting works for up to 3 hours
- Pre-cool setting to the optimal temperature
- Very heavy at 30 pounds
- Only makes 3 to 4 cups of ice cream at a time
5. BIMONK Ice Cream Maker
This attractive ice cream maker is the perfect gadget for your family. It makes up to 1 liter of frozen dessert at a time.
You’ll enjoy how user-friendly this machine is with its easy-to-understand knob that is designed to automatically shut off. You have the ability to adjust the knob settings to your preferred time. Just wait for the “ding”!
The parts are detachable for effortless freezing and cleaning.
You’ll really like the large spout for adding in your favorite ingredients like peanuts, chocolate chips, and candy. Yum!
- Automatic churning with an irregular paddle for delicious flavors
- Ice cream is made in 20 to 30 minutes
- The top and inner paddle are detachable for easy cleaning
- The inner bowl needs to be pre-frozen for at least 8 hours before use
- Not dishwasher safe
4. Nostalgia Electric Ice Cream Maker
Talk about a cute little ice cream maker! This model, from the Nostalgia brand, even comes with its own line of ice cream mixes. In fact, the company says the maker works best with these mixes.
The bucket is made from plastic is very easy to clean. Plus, this machine comes with a see-through lid so you can see your ice cream and easily store the bucket in the freezer.
Convenient transport this ice cream maker due to the easy-carry handle.
- Plastic is BPA-free
- The powerful electric motor does all the churning for you with no manual effort
- Recipes included in the instruction manual
- The unit does not come with an overflow hole
- Some users claim the device isn’t durable enough
3. Whynter Upright Ice Cream Maker
This is a sturdy and durable ice cream maker with a stainless steel bowl. It’s perfect for making ice cream for parties and other gatherings.
The removable stainless steel mixing bowl and BPA-free churn blade can easily be cleaned and stored, effortlessly.
You’ll love the motor protection function that shuts off to prevent any kind of damage if the mixture happens to freeze solid.
This ice cream maker comes equipped with an LCD timer control.
- High-efficiency CFC-free compressor
- 2.1-quart capacity
- ETL certified
- Small carbon footprint profile
2. Cuisinart Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
If you are more a soft-serve type of person, this is the ice cream maker for you.
You’ll love the easy lock lid with the window so you can see your ice cream being whipped and whirred into yumminess. The ingredient window allows you to pour ingredients directly through the top and watch the entire freezing process!
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about the mixing arm, “Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create smooth soft ice cream, Dispensing Bracket with Handle – Dispenses the soft ice cream when the handle is pulled down. Removable for easy cleaning, Rubber Feet – Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use”.
The machine is equipped with 3 condiment containers to dispense the mix-ins of your choice.
- Convenient on/off power dial and the core holder
- Comes with a removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- Fully automatic ice cream maker with a double-insulated freezer bowl
- Some users claim the ice cream comes out in a milkshake consistency
- A buyer claims the freezer bowl doesn’t get cold enough to allow the ice cream to set up properly
1.KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker
KitchenAid has been a trusted leader in kitchen gadgets for decades and that’s why this ice cream maker made it on our top spot.
This amazing attachment for your KitchenAid mixer makes up to 2.0 quarts of ice cream, gelato, or sorbet in about 30 minutes, depending on how much you make.
The dasher rotates inside the bowl to spread, scrape, and mix the ingredients, thoroughly.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this model, “Some tilt-head models will require the adapter ring to fit properly. First, attach the freeze bowl adapter ring to the bottom of the freeze bowl with a counterclockwise turn
For use with KitchenAid stand mixers; includes freeze bowl, dasher and drive assembly”.
This ice cream maker is easy to clean with warm, soapy water.
- Creates up to 2 quarts of creamy ice cream in about 25 minutes
- Dishwasher-safe dasher, drive assembly, and adapter ring; handwash freeze bowl
- 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty
- Must have a KitchenAid mixer to be able to sue this product
Click here to buy on Amazon
Yummy Ice Cream Recipes
There’s nothing like ice cream. It’s creamy and delicious, and it makes everyone happy. However, when you pair it with other tasty sweets, it takes the dessert to the next level. If you’re unsure how to make the most out of your ice cream maker, here are a few ideas:
Banana splits are a classic dessert. It brings together a hodgepodge of tasty ingredients to create the ultimate treat. You can make any version of a banana split that you’d like, but it’s traditionally made a certain way. Put one scoop of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream in a container. Add a whole banana on each side of the ice cream and top it with whipped cream. If you’d like, you can drizzle it with chocolate syrup and put a cherry on top.
Strawberry shortcakes are amazing and simple to make. To make this dessert, put vanilla ice cream on top of chunks of pound cake or dessert cake shells. You can pour strawberry puree or fresh strawberries to decorate it. Garnish the shortcake with whipped cream.
Making homemade brownie sundaes is the ultimate treat. The good thing about making this sundae at home is that you can fix it up just the way you like it. Unfortunately, when you go to ice cream parlors, they can be a little stingy with the ingredients. To create this sweet goodness, just add some ice cream on top of a brownie—you can heat the brownie if you’d like. Plus, feel free to switch out the flavor of ice cream. Most brownie sundaes are made with vanilla ice cream, but luckily you can choose whatever you desire. Next, pour on some hot fudge—warming the hot fudge boosts the flavor. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with nuts.
Putting syrup on top of ice cream gives it a kick. Caramel is one of the more popular syrups to use next to chocolate. If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle toffee candy pieces on top. Also, caramel sauce tastes really good on butter pecan or black walnut ice cream. If you don’t like caramel, you can top your dessert with other flavors like peanut butter drizzle.
This is another delicious dessert to create. You can make cheesecake flavored ice cream and fix it up just how you like it. Cheesecake is made in various flavors, so you can dress it up in a number of different ways. Top the ice cream with strawberry puree, chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, peanut butter, or fruit medley. Top this dessert with whipped cream and sprinkle it with graham crackers to mimic cheesecake crust.
Ice cream and candy together is a spectacular combination. If you want to make a dessert that’s simple, yet delicious, adding candy is the way to go. Chocolate generally makes the best topping. You can add M&M’s, Snickers, Reese’s, Butterfinger, or Kit Kat—all of those brands mix well with chocolate and vanilla ice cream. However, if you like fruity candy, gummy bears work well also.
Why We Chose the KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker for Our # 1 Spot
We are so excited about this top 10 list! Why? Because it’s all about ice cream! Did you find a maker that will work for you?
If you’re like some of us, you want a soft serve ice cream instead of a hand-dipped style. In that case, we suggest you invest in the Cuisinart Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker.
Perhaps, you want an ice cream maker that looks like it came out of the backwoods of Kentucky. You’ll absolutely love the White Mountain Ice Cream Maker in Appalachian edition.
Now, we had to make a top choice, and it was a hard one, but we decided to go with the KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker. We understand that you must have a KitchenAid mixer base in order to use this ice cream maker and that may be a problem for some of you. However, KitchenAid is top-of-the-line and this ice cream maker proves it. It is so worth investing in the KitchenAid mixer in order to have this fabulous attachment.
Do you know which ice cream maker will be taking up residence in your home?