Top What is the top battery lawn mower?
Unless you live in an apartment or have xeriscaped your property, mowing your lawn is probably one of your regular chores, especially in the summer. Gas or manual push propelled used to be the only choices in lawn mowers, but recently the market has widened greatly to include corded and battery operated lawn mowers.
Gas mowers are loud, smelly, and not great for the environment. Furthermore, they usually require gas mixing and have a pull start that can be difficult for some people. Which is the top battery lawn mower?
If the thought of mowing while dragging a cord behind terrifies you, a battery lawn mower is your best bet for a mower that is quiet, convenient, and no fuss. Battery mowers allow you to pull out your mower and have the job done in no time, with minimal maintenance and effort. The more volts the battery has, the longer the motor will be able to run, and the thicker grass you will be able to cut easily.
Price also increases steadily with voltage. Mowers should advertise how many square feet of medium length grass they can cut on a charge so you can buy the right mower for your yard. There isn’t much more frustrating than having your mower cut out on you before the yard is fully mowed.
Many companies that produce battery-powered mowers also produce other battery powered garden tools like chainsaws and weed whackers that use the same battery as your lawnmower. You can save money by using the same battery for all of your tools or have multiple batteries to replace a dead battery so you can mow for longer.
Many other features, like push or self-propelled and mulching and bagging capacities, are variable on battery lawn mowers in the same way as they are with gas mowers, so you will have the same decisions to make regarding these features in choosing the perfect lawn mower for your needs.
- Top What is the top battery lawn mower?
- 10.DEWALT DCMW290H1 40V MAX 3-in-1 Cordless Lawn Mower
- 9. BLACK+DECKER CM2043C 40V Max Lithium Mower, 20″
- 8. Snapper XD SXD19PWM82K 82V Cordless 19″ Walk Mower Kit with
- 7.BLACK+DECKER CM2040 40V Lithium 3-in-1 Cordless Mower, 20″
- 6. Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower
- 5. Sun Joe iON16LM 40 V 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower Brushless Motor
- 4. Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Brushless Self-Propelled Cordless Mower
- 3. BLACK+DECKER MTC220 12-Inch Lithium Cordless
- 2. Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower
- 1. EGO Power+ 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower
- Helpful Grass-Cutting Tips
- Final Thoughts On Helpful Grass Cutting Tips
- Which should you buy?
10.DEWALT DCMW290H1 40V MAX 3-in-1 Cordless Lawn Mower
The powerful brushless motor of this battery mower offers high power output and excellent durability. This versatile mower offers mulching, bagging, and rear discharge, so you can decide what you want to do with your cuttings. A sturdy 20-inch metal deck can handle the bumps in your way. You can adjust the height of this mower between 1.5 and 3.4 inches, allowing for the right height for a variety of grasses and groundcovers.
- Easily store and transport this mower with folding handles
- Adjust cutting height between 1.5 and 3.4 in
- Brushless motor for increased durability
- The battery is only sufficient for a small to medium yard
- Can’t cut through tall grass well
9. BLACK+DECKER CM2043C 40V Max Lithium Mower, 20″
This mower goes a long way towards solving the problem of short battery life by providing not one but two 40V max lithium ion batteries to double your run time. This mower has three in one versatility with mulching, bagging, or convenient side discharge that won’t get clippings all over your feet.
- Edgemax design lets you mow right up to edges for less finishing work
- Three year limited warranty
- Adjusts from 1 ½ into four inches with no tool
- Two batteries hardly mow 100 square feet and you need to pause to change the battery
- Batteries take some time to charge
8. Snapper XD SXD19PWM82K 82V Cordless 19″ Walk Mower Kit with
This impressive mower gives you up to 45 minutes of run time on one battery, so you can mow your entire lawn without having to change or charge the battery. A 19” steel mowing deck provides durable ground coverage. This mower can mulch, bag, or discharge to the side so you can decide what you want to do with trimmings and not get them on your feet.
- Load sensing technology adjusts to meet the demands of the blades depending on the thickness of the grass
- 7 position height adjustment
- Compact vertical storage capacity
- Doesn’t mulch well
- Auto-cycling up and down doesn’t work well and would be a better manual
7.BLACK+DECKER CM2040 40V Lithium 3-in-1 Cordless Mower, 20″
This sleek battery operated mower has a 20 inch wide cutting path that makes quick work of your lawn. You can choose between six height adjustments from 1 ½ into four inches. A 15-gallon nylon grass collection bag gives you enough room for a lawn’s worth of clippings. You can mulch, bag, or side discharge.
- Variable speed motor conserves battery on lighter areas and uses power to charge through thicker grass
- Two lithium batteries without needing to change
- Edgemax lets you cut right up to the edge
- Doesn’t cut all the grass in its path
- Battery needs to cool before recharging
6. Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower
If you have a small yard and want a convenient little mower, this might be the best mower for you. This mower is built around easy use, with a LED battery level indicator and easy to adjust the height in three positions. You can remove a safety key to make sure no one accidentally starts your mower.
- 28 v rechargeable lithium-ion battery mows up to a quarter acre
- Two-year warranty
- LED battery level indicator
- Doesn’t have the mulching capacity
- Can’t replace the battery
5. Sun Joe iON16LM 40 V 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower Brushless Motor
This convenient mower utilizes a brushless motor that makes the battery more efficient and maximizes the performance of the motor, decreasing the sound and vibration that you experience while extending the life of the motor. A compact size makes this a good mower for small spaces with mid-sized lawns. Choose between a bag and a discharge chute.
- Brushless motor is more efficient and lasts longer
- Quieter than competing battery operated mowers
- Compact size
- Lacks mulching capacity
- Weight is not well balanced
4. Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Brushless Self-Propelled Cordless Mower
This mower has variable speed and is self-propelled so pushing it is incredibly easy. Why fight with your lawn mower to get it across your yard when you can let it power itself? The brushless motor is quieter and more powerful than comparable lawn mower motors and will last longer as well.
- Mulch, rear bag, and side discharge options for versatile disposal of clippings
- Load sensing technology automatically adjusts power to the density of the grass
- Brushless motor is quiet and reliable
- Rear wheel drive doesn’t work well on an incline
- Doesn’t mulch well in tall grass
3. BLACK+DECKER MTC220 12-Inch Lithium Cordless
If you have a very small, but well-manicured space and want to accomplish all of your mowing, trimming, and edging goals with one tool, this might be the right mower for you. This mower can handle properties up to 750 square feet, but if you want to edge and trim on one charger your runtime will be shortened considerably.
- Easily converts from trimmer to edger to mower
- AFS auto feed enables continuous work in trimmer setting
- Power drive transmission keeps the mower from bogging down
- Adjustable height for mower and trimmer
- Batteries only last 15 to 20 minutes depending on workload
- Batteries must cool before they will charge
2. Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower
The G-Max 40V lithium-ion battery system of this mower can power a range of tools so that you can take your pick between mowing, trimming, edging, and more using the same battery. A 20-inch cutting desk gives you plenty of room to make a wide path while still providing maneuverability. The smart cut technology utilized by this mower is innovative and adjusts power intelligently depending on the thickness of the lawn.
- Easy to push 10 inch rear and 7-inch front wheels
- Excellent mulching and bagging capabilities
- Auto battery switchover
- Can’t handle very dense lawns
- Must empty bag several times during mowing
1. EGO Power+ 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower
This powerful mower isn’t cheap, but it can tackle your yard with almost an hour of runtime. You can easily fold this mower so transport and storage is convenient. The rapid charger can have you up and going again in no time if you have a lot of space to cover or if you go a long time between mowing.
- The rapid charger has you up and running in no time
- Almost an hour of runtime
- Requires little maintenance
- Chute pushes dirt onto your feet
- Clogs easily with damp grass
Helpful Grass-Cutting Tips
Now that you’ve decided on which battery-powered lawn mower to buy, it’s time to get your yard looking good. Here are some helpful grass-cutting tips:
Don’t Mow Wet Grass
It’s best not to cut the grass when it’s wet. When the grass is wet, it’s dense, and the blades are not erect. Therefore when you cut the yard, the grass is uneven, which doesn’t look good. Not to mention, wet grass clumps together, and it can clog the lawnmower.
Ensure The The Lawn Mower Blades Are Sharp
The blades on your lawnmower must be sharp to make sure they get a clean swipe across the blades. If they’re not, they will tear the grass instead of cutting it. This can lead to an unattractive yard and creates the opportunity for the grass to become dull and wither away.
Leave The Sharp Corners
When you’re mowing the lawn, you might go over the corners of your yard as you go. However, if you leave them uncut, you can go back over them once you’re done with the rest of the yard. That way, you’ll only have to go over them once and not every time you go around the lawn. This will keep your yard looking even, and the corners won’t be lower than the rest of the lawn.
Change Up Your Mowing Pattern
It’s easy to get in the habit of mowing your yard the same way every time you do it. However, it’s best to switch it up. When you mow in the same direction, it presses the ground into a rut, and it messes up the grass. The grass blades lean towards the direction that it’s mowed and grows to that side. However, if you mow it in different directions, it helps the grass to grow upward instead of sideways.
Be Careful With Uneven Ground
If your yard is uneven, that doesn’t mean your grass has to be. To keep from scalping certain spots, raise the deck on the mower, so it doesn’t take off too much of the grass.
Final Thoughts On Helpful Grass Cutting Tips
It takes a lot to have a good looking yard, and a big part of that contributes to how the grass looks. It’s one thing to cut it so that it’s not long, but it’s another thing to do it in a way that has curb appeal. Using a battery-powered lawnmower makes it easier to mow the yard, which is great. But you want to make sure you’re doing it properly. Hopefully, these tips help you the next time you cut your grass.
Which should you buy?
For the absolute longest run time and most power in a mower, consider the EGO Power+ 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower – 5.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit. This mower isn’t cheap, but it can rival the runtime of gas mowers so you can mow your entire lawn with one charge.
If you have let your lawn grow long and find that you need more than one charge to fully mow your lawn, this mower charges quickly so you can be up and mowing with little downtime. This mower can hold its charge for a long time while you mow and in between mowing it won’t lose charge, so you can easily pull your mower out whenever you want and get mowing.
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 18:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API