What’s the best Best Smoke Detector? Smoke detectors are a must-have for your home. Keeping yourself, your family, pets, and belongings safe can depend on a good working smoke detector. If you’re a landlord or business owner, you really should have smoke detectors in properties. In fact, it’s probably a law that you do.
Know that not all smoke detectors are cut from the same cloth. Many of them have different features, styles, prices ranges, and come from a variety of manufacturers.
So, how do you know which smoke detector is right for you? Well, we’ve taken the guesswork out of the equation for you and created this list of the top 10 smoke detectors that Amazon has to offer.
You’ll see brands like First Alert, Kidde, and Nest. We scoured Amazon to bring you the smoke detectors with the best reviews, highest ratings, and most trusted features. We’ve also included models of varying price ranges as to accommodate the needs of all budgets.
Are you ready to find the smoke detector that will help you and your family feel safe and secure? Great! Let’s get started.
10. First Alert SCO5CN
This battery powered alarm comes in .2 – 4 packs. Not only is this unit a smoke alarm but also a carbon monoxide detector.
This detector is equipped with an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor and a photoelectric sensor that detects the larger particles of a smoldering fire.
You’ll appreciate the easy-to-read indicator lights on the face plate of the smoke detector that displays the presence of hazards. If smoke or carbon monoxide is detected an alarm of 85 decibels will sound off to alert you.
- This battery-operated unit installs easily and quickly
- Very simple to use; includes a test/silence button
- Comes with a 7-year limited warranty
- Tested to meet UL standards
- A few reports of the detectors not working properly – customer service was contacted and replacements were sent out promptly
- Reviews of the smoke alarm only lasting a few months
9. Kidde Smoke Alarm I9050
You can have a standard smoke detector that gets the job done. This Kidde model comes in 1 – 5 packs. This listing is for a 1 pack.
You can have the confidence of keeping yourself, family, and property safe with this easy-to-install smoke detector. Absolutely no wiring required.
Conveniently, this model comes with a 9v battery, which allows for continuous protection, even during power outages.
- Equipped with a flashing LED light that indicates the alarm is receiving power
- 10-year limited warranty
- Comes with an easy-to-use test button
- Some users report false alarms going off
- A reviewer reported that the battery was “DOA”
8. COOWOO Smoke Detector
Experience the greatness of 2 COOWOO smoke detectors. These high-quality detectors look great and blend in with most decor.
Made from durable plastic, the detectors are made to withstand the test of time. The units are UL listed to meet the high standards of the industry.
You’ll enjoy the fact that these detectors are battery operated. This means, that even in a power outage, your home or business will still be protected.
Features a convenient test button, blinking power light, and a loud and proud 85-decibel alarm.
- Includes a side battery drawer and missing battery guard
- Equipped with a low battery warning
- Comes with a 9v battery
- 10-year limited warranty
- Not equipped as a carbon monoxide detector
- Cannot be shipped to California
7. Nest Protect Smoke Alarm
If you’re looking for the cream of the crop of smoke detectors, you’ve found it with the Nest model. Not only does it act as a smoke detector, but it also alerts you of carbon monoxide and gas leaks.
This amazing smoke detector has been designed in the USA using the strictest UL standards.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “The Nest Protect is not like other smoke alarms. You no longer have to spend time worrying about whether or not your smoke detector is still working, or what the blinking lights mean; Nest Protect can tell you everything you need to know! With automatic battery self-check, the Nest Protect helps take the hassle out of dealing with smoke alarms”.
The alerts on the Nest alarm are super easy to understand. It doesn’t beep or sound off an alarm like other detectors, instead, it talks to you.
- This alarm routinely performs automatic functionality checks and it’ll talk to you and tell you when the batteries are running low
- Works in-sync with other Nest products
- The nest can be connected to Wi-Fi and will send alerts to your smartphone if needed
- Some reports of the alarm not going off during times of fire/smokiness
- A reviewer reports that the alarm is “overly sensitive”
6. Alert Pro Smoke Detector
Alert Pro is a highly recommended brand of smoke detector. You can be confident that your home and/or business will be protected from fire.
This battery-powered smoke detector comes with a 10-year warranty. It is able to detect both smoke and fire.
Because it is a battery operated model, there is no wiring needed.
You can trust that this unit is environmentally friendly, does not smell, and doesn’t put off any radiation or harmful fumes.
- Low power consumption, the sensor only needs to be serviced every 10 years
- The unit is sealed and secure
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Confusion over whether this unit is actually UL rated or not
- Will not screw on to existing smoke detector plates, must use the plate that comes with the unit
5. Ardwolf Smoke Detector
Ardwolf is a leader in the smoke detector industry. Their products are made up to code, are durable, and completely reliable.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Photoelectric Technology: Ardwolf smoke alarms with photoelectric technology which is optimized to detect slow smoldering fires which generate light smoke, little heat and may smolder for hours before bursting into flames”.
This battery-powered smoke detector will always keep you safe, even in the event of a power failure. The unit comes with a 9-volt battery. You’ll be promptly alerted when the battery is running low.
- 10-year lifetime warranty on the UL-listed unit
- Equipped with both sound and LED warnings
- Smoke detector is suitable to be used in multiple places
- Alarm is extremely shrill and high-pitched but can quickly be silenced
- One reviewer claims the smoke alarm goes off without any smoke or fire present
4. Kidde KN-COSM-IBA
This fabulous smoke alarm is a hard-wired model that works as a smoke and carbon monoxide detector. It comes in 1 – 6 packs.
Here is a word from the manufacturer about some of the features, “Smart Interconnect-Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating), Battery Backup (2-AA batteries included)-Provides protection during power outages.
Front Loading Battery Door-Replace the backup batteries without disconnecting from the mounting bracket
Humidity range:10%-95% relative humidity, non-condensing.Battery Lockout System-The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed, Alarm Tamper Resist-Helps deter from tampering and theft, Adjustable Mounting Bracket-Makes installation fast and easy. Works with existing smoke and combination smoke and CO mounting brackets”.
The detector will speak to you rather than sounding off a beep or chirp like most standard models do. You can also utilize the Hush Feature, which quickly turns off the alarm.
- Green LED-Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power
- Red LED light flashes when dangerous levels of smoke and/or carbon monoxide are present
- The detector is equipped with a 9v battery backup system for times of power outage
- Some reviewers claim the unit doesn’t last as long as it should
- A user reports false alarms occurring
3. Elvicto Photoelectric Detector
You’ll feel nothing less than safe when you install an Elvico smoke detector in your home. This detector also alerts you of fire.
The battery-operated unit is good for 10 years. There are never any wires needed to make this model function.
You’ll be impressed by the environmentally friendly design that does not smell or put off any radiation.
The photoelectric sensor detects smoke from smoldering wires and minimizing false alarms from occurring.
- Built-in 10-year battery offers continuous protection for the life of the alarm
- Low power consumption
- 85-decibel alarm is designed so you can hear always hear it
- A user claims the smoke detector is “cheaply made”
- Not a lot of information about the manufacturer
2. First Alert P1010 Atom
This amazing First Alert model comes equipped with a 10-year battery. You’ll find this product in either 1 or 2 packs.
You can always trust this smoke detector that is equipped with photoelectric technology.
The design is sleek, attractive, and durable. The 3v sealed lithium battery is tamper resistant. You’ll never have to change this battery.
did you know that the photoelectric sensor detects smoke from smoldering wires? This detector gives you the ultimate peace of mind.
- Designed with easy mounting brackets which makes installation a piece of cake
- The Battery-operated unit provides continuous protection, even during a power outage
- Alarm features 85-decibels of sound
- A report of the unit failing during a real fire
- Batteries arrived 4 years old in one users order
1. First Alert BRK 9120B
First Alert does it again with an outstanding product. This model comes in 1 – 12 packs. You truly can’t beat that price for such a high-quality product.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this model, “Enhance your household’s fire safety and enjoy greater peace of mind with the First Alert BRK 9120B Hardwired Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup. Equipped with an ionization sensor, this 120-volt hardwired smoke alarm reliably detects smoke from fast-flaming fires and alerts you with an 85-decibel alarm.
Included adapter plugs eliminate the need for re-wiring during installation, while a backup battery helps keep the unit running in case of a power outage. Designed to maximize accessibility and ease of use, this hardwired smoke detector features a single button that allows you to test and silence the alarm. And thanks to the universal mounting bracket, this smoke alarm is easy to install”.
The product comes with one hardwired smoke alarm with a backup battery, mounting brackets and hardware, user manual, and a 9-volt battery.
- Extremely simple to use
- Rigorously tested to meet strict UL standards
- Can connect to compatible BRK or First Alert smoke detectors
- Some reports of false warnings occurring
Which Smoke Detector Did We Choose and Why…
We are truly impressed with all the smoke detectors on our top 10 list. As you may have noticed, we have a few First Alert detectors listed. That is because this manufacturer has shown to produce outstanding products.
The First Alert line of smoke detectors is very highly rated on Amazon. You’ll find at least 10 positive comments to every negative mention. echoua Plus, if a consumer has an issue, the company is very quick to respond and rectify the situation.
We chose the First Alert BRK 9120B for our number one spot. We like this smoke detector the best because it is affordable, easy to install, and although it is hardwired, it comes equipped with a built-in 10-year backup battery for your continued protection.
Which smoke detector will you be ordering, today?
Last update on 2023-12-01 at 18:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API