Everyone always seems so focused on female skin care products but what about the guys? Doesn’t the health of our skin matter, too? What is the best shaving cream for men?
Of, course it does! We want silky smooth faces that feel like they were just hugged by a hot towel. One of the easiest ways to get a buttery mug is by using a superior shaving cream.
So many times, guys will reach for a bar of soap and just have at it. Stop lathering with stuff that dries out your skin and uses a high-quality shave cream meant for the delicate skin of the face.
There are thousands of shaving creams for men on the market so it can be hard to choose one that works best for you. That’s where I come in.
I’ve journeyed through the land of shaving cream on Amazon and narrowed down my top 10 picks just for you. All the legwork has been done. All you have to do is browse the list and choose a product that will fit your shaving cream needs.
You’ll see brands you know and trust like Gillette and Nivea as well as other brands that are up and coming.
Each one of these shaving creams is meant to give your skin an experience it will never forget. It’s time to get up close and personal with your razor, my friend.
Without further ado, let’s get looking at that list, shall we?
10. Cremo Cooling Shave Cream
- Impossibly slick formula fights nicks, irritation and razor burn
- Gives you a close, comfortable shave
- Cooling formula contains peppermint and menthol to cool and invigorate your skin
This amazing shaving cream leaves your face feeling silky, smooth, and refreshed.
If you want a shaving cream that fights back against nicks and razor burn, Cremo Cooling Shave Cream is the real deal. You’ll get nothing more and nothing less than a close, comfortable shave.
The unique formula of impossibly smooth molecules lets your razor glide over your skin with no effort at all. Remember how your skin felt when you were a baby? Yep, that’s what Cremo can do for you.
The Cremo formula contains peppermint and menthol to cool and soothe your skin leaving you feeling invigorated.
Other natural ingredients include Macadamia Seed Oil, Aloe, Calendula Extract, Lemon Extract, Papaya Extract, and Olive Leaf Extract.
- Barber grade shaving cream
- Provides a close shave with any blade
- Concentrated formula of natural ingredients that leaves skin smooth and nourished
- Takes a bit of effort to rinse off
- Some buyers said the scent was too strong
9. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
- Cream helps prepare your beard for shaving and moisturizes your face
- A classic fragrance with top notes of geranium, lavender, rosemary and liquid amber supported by a heart of carnation,...
- Cream is contain a plastic bowl making lathering easy, Sandalwood shaving cream bowl
Are you looking for a shaving cream that has a modern appeal with an old-fashioned formula? Well, look no further because you’ve found it in Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl.
This luscious cream prepares your skin and facial hair for shaving as well as moisturizes your face.
Enjoy the blend of woody sandalwood, cedar, rosemary, and lavender with subtle hints of rose and jasmine. Talk about an aromatic experience!
No squeeze bottles or pumps! You get a shave cream bowl that easily allows you to retrieve and disperse product onto your skin.
- Delicately fragranced with essential oils
- Great product for sensitive skin
- Creates an abundance of lather
- Some users claim the fragrance is a little overpowering
- A tad bit pricey
8. NIVEA FOR MEN Sensitive Shaving Gel
- Developed specially for men with sensitive skin
- Formulated with natural, soothing Chamomile and Witch Hazel extracts, and enriched with Vitamin E
- Cares for the skin before you shave by softening the stubble for a close and comfortable shave
A true classic! Nivea for Men shave gel moisturizes facial skin with an extra-thick lather. It protects from razor burn and other irritations associated with shaving.
The tried and testing formula contains aloe vera to soothe and refresh your skin. After using, your skin looks healthy and well-cared for not to mention felling incredible smooth and comfortable.
This product has been tested and approved by dermatologists for sensitive skin compatibility.
- The new and improved formula creates a protective barrier between the razor and your skin
- The bottle contains no CFC’s
- Some users say the cans do not have enough “propellant”
- A few buyers claim the scent is a bit on the strong side
7. Proraso Shaving Cream
- Soften skin for a close shave without irritation
- This shaving cream is ideal for a classic moisturizing shave
- Helps comfort skin
Proraso shaving cream encourages your skin to be refreshed and toned. This product is made with the original formula and helps you attain that classic close shave you know and love.
Enriched with nourishing botanicals and natural oils, the vegetable stearin formula protects the skin before, during, and after shaving.
Made through a rigorous hot-soap making process, this shave cream lathers into an ultra-thick, velvety texture that makes for a close and comfortable shave. Your skin will feel insanely moisturized and hydrated.
- Contains no parabens
- Is over 95% natural
- Has been a professional barber’s top shaving cream choice since 1948
- For best results, the cream should be applied with a brush
- Some users say the vapor of the scent stings the eyes
6. Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel
- 7-ounce canister Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Oat and Vitamin E to help hydrate and helps protect skin against...
- Lubricating shave gel provides a close and smooth shave to help prevent razor bumps, nicks, and cuts
- Therapeutic formula combines moisturizing lubricants, Vitamin E, and oat, which helps moisturize and relieve dryness
A great, aloe-infused product that is perfect for sensitive skin. The gel turns into a rich, creamy lather as you spread it over your skin and provides a supreme barrier for shaving.
Another ingredient that the Aveeno line is famous for is colloidal oatmeal. This ingredient soothes and comforts irritated skin and actually helps heal and protect.
Unlike other shave creams, you only need a small amount of this product per shave. The bottle lasts you for quite some time.
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- The scent isn’t overpowering
- Does not cause irritation
- Contains parabens
- Some buyers claim the shave gel has a “toothpaste consistency”
5. Pacific Shaving Company Natural Shaving Cream
- ENJOY SHAVING AGAIN: Crafted with safe, natural, plant-derived ingredients to give you the smoothest shave possible...
- TSA FRIENDLY: Small but mighty, our 3.4 ounce size is carry-on compliant and good for up to 100 shaves.
- SMOOTHER SHAVE: Save your skin from redness, irritation, and bumps with a paraben free formula and NO synthetic...
An awesome shave cream for those who are natural-product savvy. You won’t find any ingredients in this product that make you scratch your head.
Crafted with safe, natural, plant-derived ingredients meant to give you the smoothest shave on the planet. Forget about razor burn and nicks!
This product is great for the face and any other area of the body you wish to shave.
And get this…this small bottle is TSA compliant! You can carry onto the plane without worrying that it’ll be tossed into the trash.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this product, “Save your skin from redness, irritation, and bumps with a paraben-free formula and NO synthetic fragrances”.
- Made with aloe and shea butter
- Made in the USA
- Some users say they don’t care for the packaging
- A few buyers claim they had to keep adding water to the product to keep it from drying out while on the skin
4. The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream, Sandalwood
- The unscented preshave oil is the first step of the perfect shave
- Shave Oil helps protect against irritation and razor burn by promoting razor glide.
- Before shaving, rub a small amount of oil on your hands and massage into beard
An amazingly smooth shaving cream that protects your skin and keeps it feeling nourished and silky. This shaving cream is part of a line of men’s shaving products, which are all worth checking out.
The product is made with high-quality essential oils and botanical ingredients that are known to heal, protect, and soothe the delicate skin of the face,
This product has a classic sandalwood scent that reminds you of the good ‘ol days of having a barbershop shave.
- Only need a small amount per shave
- Ingredients have integrity
- Leaves skin feeling nourished and healthy
- Some users say the new formula isn’t as good as the old
- A bit on the expensive side
3. Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated
- UNLIKE OTHER SHAVING CREAMS AND MEN'S GROOMING PRODUCTS, PACIFIC SHAVING CO. PRODUCTS ARE MADE WITH SAFE, NATURAL, AND...
- SAY GOODBYE TO RAZOR-BURN. Innovative and effective formulations that soothe skin and help reduce irritation and bumps....
- COOL FOR YOUR CARRY-ON. CONCENTRATED FORMULAS IN TSA, TRAVEL FRIENDLY SIZES. Nothing is worse than getting your favorite...
Another awesome product from the Pacific Shaving Company! This unique blend of ingredients contains caffeine. It literally wakes your skin up!
In addition, you’ll love the blend of safe, all-natural ingredients that are organic and great for all skin types.
This innovative formula helps soothe your skin and reduce the occurrence of irritation and razor bumps. You’ll look forward to shaving!
There is never any animal-testing when making Pacific Shaving company products. 100% cruelty -free.
This shave cream is the perfect size for travel and is TSA compliant.
- Made in the USA
- Featured on USA Today
- Some users do not like the scent and say it smells like spearmint gum
2. Lather & Wood Shaving Co. Shaving Oil
- SPECIAL ALL NATURAL FORMULA - Our blend of 7 all natural oils gives your shave the ultimate comfort. Ideal for men with...
- TOUGH BEARD? - No problem. Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil prepares your beard with a proprietary blend that softens the...
- ONLY TAKES A FEW DROPS - Formulated specially for wet shaving, just massage one pump of Pre-Shave oil into your beard....
This is an awesome product that works as a pre-shave skin prep oil as well as a shave lotion.
You’ll love the old-school scent of this product that smells like straight up barbershop sandalwood. You’ll feel as if your shaving experience is a form of hygienic art.
The unique blend is compromised of 7 all natural oils that deliver the ultimate comfort for your skin. This product is perfect for men with tough beards, ingrown hairs, and have skin susceptible to razor burn.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this oil, ” Formulated especially for wet shaving, just message one pump of Pre-Shave oil into your beard. Allow 30 seconds to penetrate your whiskers, then apply your favorite soap or cream. In a hurry? Shave using only the oil and be amazed”.
- Protects against nicks, cuts, and razor burn
- Smells classic and pleasant
- Nourishes skin and keeps it smooth and hydrated
- Some users claim the oil clogs up their razors with residue
- Claims that the oil is a bit too dense
1. Gillette Fusion ProGlide Sensitive 2 in 1 Shave Gel
- 2-in-1 Shave Gel + Skin Care leaves skin feeling smooth, cool and refreshed
- Comfortable skin before, during and after the shave
- No-rust plastic package
A classic shave gel that folks have been using for years. Gillette Fusion ProGlide Sensitive 2 in 1 Shave Gel leaves your skin feeling smooth, cool, and refreshed.
Keep your skin comfortable before, during, and after the shave. You won’t be able to stop touching your face!
Rest assured that the bottle is made from rust-proof plastic. You won’t see any rusty rings in your shower or sink area.
Enjoy the clean dispensing nozzle for less waste of product. You’ll love the gel-gauge which lets you see when the shave gel is running low.
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- No need to use aftershave as this gel contains ingredients that give your skin a cooling effect after it is wiped off
- Some people complain the bottle doesn’t spray the gel out very well
- Complaints that the gel sticks to razors and requires a lot of effort to get them to come clean
What shaving cream did I select for my man?
I hope you have been able to browse this top 10 list of best shave creams for men with ease. There are so many products on the market today and I’ve narrowed them down to the 10 latest and greatest.
If you’re looking for something a bit on the unusual side and want to wake your skin up give the Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Shave Cream a shot.
My list contains a little something for everyone, including classic brands like Aveeno and Nivea.
Speaking of which, that leads me to the brand I chose for my number one spot.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Sensitive 2 in 1 Shave Gel is a classic shaving cream product that works well, is great for sensitive skin, and is affordable.
Even if you don’t choose my number one pick I am confident you’ll find a product on this list that will suit your shaving needs.
Last update on 2021-04-15 at 00:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API