Want to find the best seat cushion? There are many reasons why you may be in the market for a seat cushion. Maybe you spend a lot of time sitting on the floor with kids or pets and need a way to keep your back and tailbone from getting sore and ache. If you travel for work you may find yourself sitting on all kinds of chairs, many of which are not ergonomic. A portable seat cushion allows you to take your comfort with you no matter where you go.
Why trust that the chair at your destination will be comfortable? A bad chair can make your sitting experience uncomfortable and lead to back pain and soreness for the rest of the day. Chronic bad seating can lead to serious repetitive motion and posture related injuries.
Seat cushions offer orthopedic support to your tailbone and back while providing a molded shape that encourages good posture that prevents back injury. Many good seat cushions are subtle enough to blend in with your car seat or office chair so that they don’t distract from your look.
Be certain that the cushion you get is thick enough to support your weight for long periods and that the cushion will not slip around on your seat. Some cushions have cooling gel so that your bottom will stay comfortable no matter how long you sit. Seat cushions with carrying handles are especially convenient for transporting with you, for instance, if you travel and sit for work.
Carefully consider your needs in a seat cushion and choose the cushion that will be perfect for you. Remember to keep in mind the thickness of the cushion and check the material to be sure that it won’t flatten over time. It is better to invest more into a good cushion than risk an ineffective cushion that will need to be replaced soon.
- 10. Kieba Coccyx Cushion Cool Gel Memory Foam Orthopedic Tailbone
- 9. Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat Cushion
- 8. TravelMate Extra-Large Memory Foam Seat Cushion
- 7. ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion – Non-Slip Orthopedic
- 6. Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Luxury Seat Cushion
- 5. Coccyx Seat Cushion Orthopedic, Luxury Chair Pillow
- 4. ComfiLife Premium Comfort Seat Cushion
- 3. Purple Portable Seat Cushion – Seat Cushion For The Car Or Office Chair
- 2. Large Seat Cushion with Carry Handle and Anti Slip Bottom
- 1. BulbHead Egg Sitter Seat Cushion with Non-Slip Cover
- The Advantages Of Using A Seat Cushion
- Final Thoughts On The Advantages Of Using A Seat Cushion
- Which should you buy?
10. Kieba Coccyx Cushion Cool Gel Memory Foam Orthopedic Tailbone
This cushion is made of a premium memory foam that is layered with a soothing gel that provides support and cooling. This cushion is designed to allow more gel coverage than competing cushions. This cushion won’t flatten over time and it has a non-slip bottom that keeps it in place
- Easily removable velour cover for machine washing
- 100% therapeutic grade memory foam
- Cooling Gel
- So thick it may lift you too far off standard chairs
- Too firm for some people, may be better for heavier people
9. Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat Cushion
This ergonomically designed cushion has a U shape that lets your tailbone float while your back is fully supported, relieving pain on the tailbone. The cushion is contoured to distribute your body weight across the seat and relieve pressure points. The design of this cushion will encourage proper lumbar spine alignment and will improve blood flow.
- The discrete design looks good on any chair
- Promotes healthy posture
- Provides floating tailbone design
- Very thick so may lift you too high off of some chairs
- Need to adjust car seat if using in the car
8. TravelMate Extra-Large Memory Foam Seat Cushion
This extra large cushion spreads pressure over a large area, making for a more comfortable fit. The memory foam used in this cushion is breathable due to a layer of 3D ventilated fabric that disperses heat. This cushion won’t flatten out but will conform to your shape after about a week of sitting for a customized experience.
- Non-slip cover
- Relieves back pain
- Breathable layer for heat dispersing
- May raise you too high in the car
- Requires a week of use to reach optimal comfort
7. ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion – Non-Slip Orthopedic
This convenient cushion has a built-in handle for easy transport. A non-slip bottom keeps your cushion from sliding around on the seat. This cushion is easy to clean with a machine washable cover. A cool gel layer sits on top of the memory foam for long-term sitting comfort.
- Relieves pressure on the tailbone and promotes good posture
- Easy to remove and machine wash cover
- Built-in handle
- Foam may rip
- Gel adds firmness
6. Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Luxury Seat Cushion
The Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Luxury Seat Cushion is made of a premium memory foam that responds to your body heat to mold perfectly to the shape of your bottom. This provides unrivaled support while not depressing so much as to lose cushioning. The U shape of this cushion allows your tailbone to float.
- Nonslip bottom
- Heat-responsive molding to your body
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- Rounded corners make it more likely to slip
- Better for heavier people
5. Coccyx Seat Cushion Orthopedic, Luxury Chair Pillow
This supportive pillow will give you relief from back and tailbone pain for a very affordable price. The machine washable cover can easily be zipped off.
- 100% money back guarantee
- Machine washable cover
- Improve posture and gives floating tailbone support
- No cooling gel or mesh layer so can get hot
- Won’t encompass entire chair seat
4. ComfiLife Premium Comfort Seat Cushion
This cushion is ergonomically designed to give great comfort and support. The U shape lets your tailbone float. A non- slip bottom keeps this cushion firmly in place. The built-in handle makes transport easy. This is a great cushion to go from the car to the office and home with you. Money back guarantee.
- Ergonomically designed to improve posture and comfort
- Machine washable zippered velour cover
- Convenient traveling handle
- Must place just right to be comfortable
- Slides around should have loops to secure it
3. Purple Portable Seat Cushion – Seat Cushion For The Car Or Office Chair
The innovative polymer design of this cushion laid out in even columns distributes pressure without being bulky. This cushion can deliver an incredible amount of relief from pain in the back and legs while not being so bulky that you have to adjust your car seat or can’t use it with fixed height chairs.
- Offers good support and comfort while not being as thick as other cushions
- Fun attractive color and look
- Doesn’t slide around
- Doesn’t offer contoured support
- Could be thicker for some people
2. Large Seat Cushion with Carry Handle and Anti Slip Bottom
If you are frustrated by cushions that are too small for the chair, this big, sturdy seat cushion might be the right cushion for you. You can easily remove and wash the cover, and the mesh material offers good air circulation. The no skid bottom ensures that your cushion won’t slide around on the seat.
- Extra large to cover the entire seat
- Convenient carrying handle
- Machine washable removable, breathable mesh cover
- No skid bottom can discolor seat below
- Fabric is shiny
1. BulbHead Egg Sitter Seat Cushion with Non-Slip Cover
This effective cushion offers flex support that gives so much weight distribution that you can sit on an egg without breaking it according to the company. The flex-grip honeycomb design lets air circulate so your bottom stays cool. This strong, durable cushion will keep its shape over the long term.
- Distributes pressure so evenly you can sit on an egg without breaking it
- Don’t need to sit just right, the uniform surface offers uniform support
- Honeycomb design keeps cool
- Could be larger
- Some people find front edge uncomfortable
The Advantages Of Using A Seat Cushion
Everyone knows that it feels nice to sit down and have a seat. However, sitting in hard, uncomfortable chairs is a nightmare, and it puts a strain on your body. Plus, even if you sit in a chair with a little bit padding, it can still hurt after a while. Luckily, there are many options to help people who sit for long periods. Here are a few benefits of using a seat cushion:
Supports Your Tailbone
If you’re ever experienced pain from sitting down too long, then you know that your tailbone is one of the areas that get the most beating. You stand up and that part of your body feels sore and aches none stop. The tailbone is located towards the bottom of your back, close to your bottom, and it basically helps you to sit. Unfortunately, it’s not an area that’s easy to reach. You can’t massage your tailbone as easily as your back or shoulders, but thankfully seat cushions help to support the tailbone. The added cushion reduces the amount of strain that’s put on it.
Sometimes sitting down hurts, and that’s why it’s recommended that people frequently get up to walk around. Putting pressure on one area of your body results in discomfort, so having extra cushion is wonderful.
When you’re sitting, your body is in a permanent position. Your knees are bent, and you’re most likely not using proper posture. The good thing about a seat cushion is that it elevates you so your legs are not crouched, especially if you’re in a chair that’s low to the ground. It also helps with your posture by providing added support and more comfort. By sitting in the correct form, it allows your circulation to flow without interruption.
MInimizes Back Pain
As stated before, sitting down is painful. When you sit down for a long time, the first reaction your body has is to stretch. Once you’ve subjected yourself to one position throughout the day, it can hinder the way you feel. Not to mention, your body weight is being pressed in one area. Thankfully, seat cushions provide the added comfort and support you need. Plus, many of them are made from memory foam, so they perfectly contour to your body.
Believe it or not, seat cushions are also good for your wallet. They’re an inexpensive way to give your body the support it needs. If you take care of yourself on the front end, it reduces potential ailments and injuries down the line. You won’t need as many massages and you can also ward off costly medical bills for back and neck problems, and other conditions.
Final Thoughts On The Advantages Of Using A Seat Cushion
Seat cushions are beneficial in many ways. If you work in an office environment, or currently have issues with your back and legs, they’re a lifesaver. Even if you don’t feel aches from sitting down, issues can occur after sitting for long periods of time. It’s better to give your body what it needs now, before it’s too late.
Which should you buy?
For a seat cushion that offers a good balance between support and practicality, the BulbHead Egg Sitter Seat Cushion with Non-Slip Cover Breathable Honeycomb Design Absorbs Pressure Points is a good choice. The honeycomb design is cool and evenly distributes pressure without requiring you to fit into a molded design. It comes with a free washable cover for your convenience.
Unlike memory foam which can be pushed down over time, this egg sitter will keep its shape. This cushion isn’t exceptionally large so is best for small to medium sized bottoms. This cushion also isn’t as thick as competing cushions, so you won’t have to adjust your car seat as much.
Last update on 2022-06-28 at 09:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API