What is the Best Pore Treatment? Men and women alike love to look their best. This means having clear skin. Regardless if you wear makeup or not, everyone wants their pores to be small and unsightly. Many pore treatment products are targeted towards women but men can use them, too.
We’ve brought together this list of 10 amazing pore treatment products for you to browse through. Amazon has thousands of skin care brands and types to choose from, but who has time for that? We thought we’d help you out by narrowing your selection down to the top 10 best.
On this list, you’ll see brands like New York Biology and Proactiv. We were mindful of different skin types, ages, and budgets so we chose products that will appeal to just about everyone.
Whether you are into a more natural approach to skin care or you need to use something that is medicated to target your pores, you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
Are you ready to find the pore treatment products that will leave your skin looking soft, supple, and pore-free? Great! let’s get started.
- 10. LIKII Pore Cleanser Vacuum
- 9. New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 8. Proactiv+ Pore Targeting Treatment
- 7. Aria Starr Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 6. Humane BHA Pore Minimizer
- 5. Vassoul Blackhead Remover Mask
- 4. Perricone MD Intensive Pore
- 3. Lab Series Power Pore
- 2. Termalife Peloid Face Mask
- 1. Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy
- What’s Clogging Your Pores?
- Why We Chose Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy as Our Top Choice…
10. LIKII Pore Cleanser Vacuum
This pore cleansing system is perfect for the man or woman who wants some serious facial skin cleansing action. Not only does it act as a cleanser for your pores but it also buffs away blackheads. The machine is vacuum operated so it literally sucks out impurities from your skin.
Here is a word from the manufacturer about this comprehensive multifunctional tool, “MULTI-FUNCTIONAL REPLACEMENT SUCTION PROBES: 5 different shapes and sizes of detachable probes, according to your needs, suitable for oily, dry, sensitive skin types and so on”.
Trying to clean your pores or squeeze blackheads with your hands can bring on skin infections. This amazing vacuum helps you avoid all of that.
- Equipped with a microdermabrasion and red/blue beauty light to help dimish wrinkles and restore skin elasticity
- Comes with multiple suction probes for different skin needs
- 5 replacement probes come with the product
- Some reviewers claim the suction is too intense and caused bruising
- Other reviewers claim the product didn’t completely suck the blackheads out
9. New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask
This dead sea mask is suitable for all skin types. It does a wonderful job at clearing out your pores and keeping them looking small and unnoticeable. One of the great things about this product is that it can be used all over the body. If you’re dealing with skin issues on areas other than your face, this mud mask will help solve them.
Here is a word from the manufacturer about the ingredients in the mask, “MINERAL-INFUSED Clarifying Mud Mask is based on an advanced formula composed of Dead Sea mineral mud that gently purifies and cleans clogged pores. Combined with an herbal complex of Aloe-Vera, Chamomile extract, Vitamin A, Sunflower Seed, and Jojoba Oil”.
The ingredients in this mud mask are known to shrink pores by stimulating blood circulation. You’ll be left glowing skin that is free from impurities, soft, and supple.
- Helps to treat acne and get rid of blackheads
- Removes dead skin cells
- Sourced from the Dead Sea in Isreal
- One reviewer claims that the mud mask is almost too moisturizing…we were left wondering if this was truly a bad thing or not
8. Proactiv+ Pore Targeting Treatment
If you haven’t heard of Proactiv, then you probably don’t have a TV because this little gem has been part of the infomercial industry for decades. Unlike most infomercial products, Proactiv really does work.
Over the years, the company has come out with target products like this treatment for pores. This formula contains a Smart Target benzoyl peroxide delivery technology that delivers acne medicine directly into the pores.
Don’t worry, the benzoyl peroxide has been designed to not dry out your skin, You’ll never experience any irritation, either.
- Diminishes pore size, clears acne, and helps prevent new breakouts
- Light-weight, non-greasy
- Designed to absorb quickly
- Some users have only experienced so-so results
7. Aria Starr Dead Sea Mud Mask
Here is another Dead Sea Mud Mask. It has been proven time and time again that these types of skin treatments work wonders for shrinking pores, getting rid of oily skin, and busting through blackheads.
This awesome product contains shea butter which helps your skin to stay youthful looking and soft. This mud mask is suitable for both men and women.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this mud mask, “Aria Starr Beauty’s Dead Sea Mud Mask extracts toxins and impurities located deep in the skin layers, absorbs excess oils, and removes dead skin cells, dirt and toxins to reveal fresh, soft, clear looking skin with clean pores, even skin tone, and refined skin texture”.
- The product acts as a moisturizer and stimulates healthy blood circulation
- Listed as a #1 Professional Spa Treatment
- Dead Sea Salt and mud is known to detoxify skin
- The exfoliating action in this product can be irritating to some skin types
- Some users are worried about the product being blended in China
6. Humane BHA Pore Minimizer
This product is a liquid exfoliant that gently and safely removes dirt, minimizes pores, and dislodged blackheads. It is made with salicylic acid 2% (BHA) which is known to accelerate cellular regeneration. Soon, your skin will look smoother and clearer.
You’ll love the formulation of this product which includes green tea extract as it reduces inflammation and promotes collagen production for skin that is firmer and has more natural elasticity.
Here is a word from the Humane company about this product, ”
Humane’s BHA clarifying toner with salicylic acid gently exfoliates the skin’s surface to remove pore-clogging debris, excess dirt, and dead skin cells. The non-abrasive liquid also increases hydration, minimizes enlarged pores, and reduces fine lines to leave skin visibly firmer and radiant. Our proprietary non-greasy formula glides on smooth and absorbs quickly without leaving an oily residue. It also contains natural soothing agents to reduce redness and uneven skin tone”.
- There aren’t any questionable ingredients in the product such as butylene glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, or parabens
- Formulated for all skin types
- Non-greasy formula that glides smoothly over skin
- If a user has an allergy to aspirin this product can cause a reaction
5. Vassoul Blackhead Remover Mask
This is a powerful blackhead remover mask that leaves skin free and clear of impurities and dirt. With all of that being said, this mask will also decrease the size of pores due to its detoxifying effects.
You’ll love how deeply cleansed your face feels after wearing this mask. Your skin will feel smoother, look younger, and feel super soft.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this product, “Multi-Purpose: Reduces the effect of computer radiation on the skin, adds vitality to dull and uneven skin, and makes the skin firmer”.
- Improves blood circulation
- Very easy to use
- This product is not meant for treating acne or calming inflamed skin
- The mask can be a bit painful to remove
4. Perricone MD Intensive Pore
Perricone MD skin care products are a leader in the industry. For decades, they have been a trusted source for innovative skin care.
This product has been designed to target problem pore areas of the skin through a unique blend of ingredients that help cleanse, nourish, and detoxify your face from impurities. You’ll love how small your pores appear after using this product.
The serum is great for use after cleansing and using a facial mask.
- The serum is creamy and easy to apply
- Reports of the product not only shrinking pores but also melting away blackheads
- Great for use under a moisturizer and/or makeup
- Complaints about the scent of the serum
- Some users claim it is a better blackhead product than it is a pore de-clogger
3. Lab Series Power Pore
If you’re looking for an affordable pore shrinking treatment, you’ve found on right here in Lab Series. This innovative product will not only diminish your pores but will also clear your skin of excess oil due to its anti-shine formula.
You’ll be impressed with the special blend of oil-absorbing powders that immediately absorb oil from your skin’s surface, thus, leaving your pores small and discreet.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Power Pore Anti-Shine & Pore Treatment is a breakthrough pore perfecting treatment designed to target and treat key concerns associated with pores and shine”.
- Great for wearing under a moisturizer and/or makeup
- Works well on target areas
- Very easy to apply
- Some complaints that the product contains fragrance
- Not a great product for dry skin
2. Termalife Peloid Face Mask
We love this deep cleansing pore mask! It is so easy to use. Plus, it is made with ingredients you can trust such as humic acid, salicylic acid, vitamin c, and natural mineral water.
Take a peek at what the manufacturer has to say about this product, “The healing mud (peloid) helps reduce the production of comediennes and pimples that caused by excess sebum. It protects skin, removes skin and refines the skin (mud mask). Improves your overall complexion by drawing out excess oils, tightening pores, and erasing unsightly stretch marks. The Termalife Sebuim Control is for OILY SKIN; Regular use of peloid face mask helps reduce the production of comediennes and pimples that caused by excess sebum, and remove acne scars”.
This product allows your skin to breath and will never leave it dry or stiff feeling.
- Humic acid provides your skin with loads of healing moisture
- You’ll notice results after the first use
- The mask literally pulls out impurities from your pores as it dries
- Some users don’t like the scent
1. Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy
This product is absolutely wonderful. Many pore minimizing products are not great for use on acne prone skin. However, Obagi is formulated to target both acne and pores.
The product works by unclogging pores and clearing out dead skin cells. Your skin will be left refreshed, cleansed, and hydrated. If you are utilizing an acne treatment system, this product will prepare your skin for the next step.
Here are the ingredients in this product: Active ingredients: Salicylic acid 2%, Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride, benzyl alcohol, ethoxydiglycol, ext. D&C Violet 2, fragrance, glycerin, menthol, menthoxypropanediol, menthyl lactate, SD alcohol 40-B (alcohol denat.), water.
- Formulated to target problem pores and acne at the same time
- Reduces the size of blemishes and pores within a day or two
- Discourages future breakouts
- Some users claimed the smell is a bit strong
What’s Clogging Your Pores?
Now that you have a list of fabulous products that you can use to clean your pores, there are some preventional methods that you can do to help to avoid them. However, in order to know how to ward off clogged pores, we have to know what’s causing it. Here are some of the primary reasons behind clogged pores:
Sleeping On Dirty Sheets
Changing your bed sheets isn’t something that your mom made you do just to annoy you. Clean sheets are essential for good hygiene and skincare. Your face is full of oil and dead skin cells that rub off on your pillowcases and sheets while you sleep. Not to mention, your hair is probably filled with products that have chemicals that can irritate your skin and also get on your bed linen. When all of those things combined build up on your pillowcase, and you will lay your face on it, it’s bound to cause clogged pores. It doesn’t matter if you do a nightly skin routine if you’re just going to go back and lay on filthy sheets. So do yourself a favor and change them once a week.
Touching Your Face
Touching your face is probably something you do without thinking. You might sit your cheeks in your palm, rub your eyes scratch, and other unconscious activities. However, most people don’t realize how filthy their hands can get. From touching doors to writing with pens, your hands can get pretty grimy. Not to mention, the lotion and other products that you use regularly can cause irritation and clogged pores on your face as well. With that said, try and avoid touching your face as much as possible.
Talking On Your Cell Phone
The act of talking on your phone doesn’t clog your pores, but the phone itself does. When you hold the phone up to your ear, facial oils and makeup rub off on it, which causes a buildup of dirt and grime. When you continually press your face up against those elements, it clogs your pores. There are also lots of germs that get on to your phone when you set it down on tables or other people touch it, and it becomes an environment for bacteria. Make a habit of cleaning your phone regularly to get rid of germs and other particles.
Your surroundings can be pretty toxic, and sometimes you have no control over it. There is lots of pollution that goes into the air, and your skin will absorb those things. Plus, you’re more likely to be exposed to a toxic environment if you need to live near lots of factories or in a smoggy area. Therefore, it’s best to include cleaning regimens into your skincare routine. Steaming your face is also a great way to open your pores and ensure that the products get inside and do a good cleaning job. You should also aim to buy products that help to pull out toxins from the skin.
Why We Chose Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy as Our Top Choice…
We hope you have found what you’re looking for on this list of the top 10 best pore treatment skin care products. All of the products on this list are great and receive two thumbs up from us. However, we simply fell in love with Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy.
So many times, we see products that are great as pore treatments and getting rid of blackheads, but they don’t work for acne prone skin. That isn’t the case with Obagi. The formula is meant for pore cleansing and reducing acne flare-ups. We are excited about this!
Will you be giving our top product choice a shot? Maybe, you like some of the other pore treatments we have listed. Make sure to click on the yellow Amazon button to purchase the product you are dying to try.
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 16:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API