When the season to garden comes rolling around you want to be prepared with the right gardening gloves. Arming yourself with gloves that can withstand, dirt, insects, and gardening shears are vital.
If you are a serious gardener, you need serious gloves. You might be thinking that hobby gardening doesn’t require the same protection as professional gardening. You’d be wrong. Protecting your hands with the right kind of gloves keeps them free from harm.
Plus, when you don gloves during digging in the dirt you keep your hands clean and free from all sorts of things you may come across such as pesticides and weed killer.
So, how do you know which type of gardening gloves is right for you? Well, we took matters into our own hands (literally) and found the top 10 best gardening gloves that Amazon has to offer. We put them into a handy-dandy list so you can conveniently browse through them.
On our list, you’ll see brands like Pine Tree Tools and Magid Glove & Safety. We’ve also including styles and looks that catch the eyes of almost all garden enthusiasts.
Are you ready to get to the list? Great! Let’s get started.
10. Legacy Gardens Protective Gloves
These gloves have been reviewed over 500 times on Amazon and have gotten a 4.9-star rating! They are known to keep your hands safe and soft while enhancing your gardening experience. Plus, they help your hands to remain clean and protected.
You’ll love the durability and flexible material that the gloves are derived from. They are comfortable and protect your hands from thorny shrubs. The special stitching around the thumb makes it much easier to grip garden tools, even if you suffer from arthritis.
- Made from natural goat leather, which makes them completely cut and scratch resistant
- Gloves allow your hands to breathe and are made with hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties
- The company gives you a 100% money-back guarantee if the gloves should fail
- Some reviewers claim the gloves are not waterproof and are susceptible to holes
- Gloves aren’t made in the USA
9. Magid Glove & Safety Gloves
These gloves are noted to be professional rose pruning gloves that are completely thornproof. They are meant for female hands and come in 3 different sizes.
You’ll love these strong and durable gloves that completely puncture resistant with padded palms and reinforced fingertips.
The gloves are elbow-length with a gauntlet cuff that protects your forearms
A word from the manufacturer, “Bella gloves offer serious thorn protection, cultivated with everyone in mind. With a puncture-resistant, synthetic leather padded palm and reinforced fingertips, this rose glove provides what professional rose gardeners need most – strength, durability, and comfort. The elbow-length gauntlet cuff protects forearms from cuts and scratches. A knuckle guard gives added protection from thorny plants. Whimsical printed floral fingertips add extra grip. Form-fitting spandex back for maximum comfort”.
- Knuckle guard gives added protection from thorny shrubs
- Made with form-fitting spandex to increase comfort and flexibility
- Gorgeous printed floral fingertips for added security and grip
- Some complaints that the gloves run very small
8. Vremi Heavy Duty Gardening Gloves
This 3-pack of heavy-duty gardening gloves is quite a deal! These gloves are great for dealing with thorny shrubs to gentle vegetables.
One of the best aspects of these gardening gloves is that they are coated with bamboo and nitrile. This helps them to avoid scrapes, punctures, and knicks.
The bamboo design helps your hands to breath while in the gloves and provide you with maximum comfort. The gloves have been designed to fit snugly on your hands and come with a strong non-slip grip that prevents hand fatigue when handling slippery materials.
- The gloves are perfect for unisex use and can be worn by children
- Gloves aren’t only for gardening and can be used for outdoor cleaning and even changing the oil of a car
- Very easy to clean and store
- Some reviewers claim the gloves run big
- Some complaints of the fingers being too long
7. Exemplary Gardens Pruning Gloves
These attractive gardening gloves come in 4 different colors. They are made from 100% natural premium goatskin leather which helps them to be puncture resistant. Your hands will remain safe from scratches.
The extended split suede cuff prevents cuts on the arms and allows you to deadhead your roses without injury or pain.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about these gloves, “Exemplary Garden Rose Pruning Gloves are made out of premium quality goatskin leather. The gauntlet portion is made out of cowhide suede and reaches until the elbows. Hence, these gardening gloves offer a full hand and arm protection keeping you safe whilst pruning your roses”.
- Gloves are pliable enough to provide dexterity for fine motor tasks like planting seeds
- Buttery soft texture due to the lanoline treated insides
- Ergonomically designed
- Some reports that the gloves do not stop thorn punctures very well
- A user reports that the gloves are great for protecting the forearms but not so great when it comes to the hands
6. RZleticc Gardening Gloves
Here we have another pair of superior gardening gloves that are geared towards the ladies. There are with a one-size-fits-most design, however, the manufacturer says they are best suited for medium/large hands.
These durable gardening gloves are thorn-proof and have excellent grip because they are double stitched and made from premium microfiber. The palms and knuckle-area are padded for comfort.
These gloves can be used with any and all gardening tools, during trimming, rose pruning, and so much more.
- Great for gardening, yard, and even warehouse work
- Made from breathable material to prevent hands from sweating
- 100% money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied
- Some complaints of the size running too small
- Concerns over whether the gloves will stretch out and become loose over time
5. Bellingham Work Gloves
The gloves are made from sustainable bamboo rayon, a material that is known for its durability. The material is also breathable and wicks moisture from the skin.
The lining of the gloves is made from seamless 13-gauge bamboo rayon knit liner. This provides supreme comfort for the wearer.
- Coated with a durable nitrile coating that molds to the hands and provides amazing moveability
- Gloves are abrasion, puncture, and snag-resistant
- Machine washable
- Some users claim the gloves are “basic” and are not fit for heavy-duty projects
- A user claims the gloves make his hands “hot”
4. Exemplary Gardens General Gloves
These gloves are a great fit for both men and women, alike. The adjustable fastener and breathable spandex back allows for a fit that hugs your hands like a…glove!
You’ll enjoy the genuine goatskin palm and fingertips because it offers added protection to those very sensitive areas. You never have to worry about sharp thorns piercing your skin through the gloves.
These gloves come in several different sizes.
Here is a word from the company. “Any gardener will tell you that buying a quality pair of gloves is essential. It is extremely important for the gloves to fit properly as this allows you to complete your gardening tasks without sacrificing dexterity. Therefore our gloves come in many sizes, catering for a wide range of gardeners”.
- Brown coloring allows you to work freely in the dirt without staining being overly noticeable
- Gloves keep hands and fingernails clean and free from dirt
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Some complaints that the gloves run large
- Some users claim the gloves are not strong enough to handle rose thorns and cactus needles
3. KIM YUAN Leather Work Gloves
If you aren’t into fancy gardening gloves and just need something to help you get the job done, these are the gloves for you. They are perfect for both men and women. These are an all-purpose glove and can tackle the toughest of jobs.
These gloves are made with full grain cowhide so you can expect the durability of 100% leather.
Let’s check out what the manufacturer has to say about the leather used in these gloves, “Made from carefully selected high-quality cow leather with thickness depth above 1.2mm which is not only thick and sturdy but soft and supple. If you have any type of outdoor tasks to do these are the gloves to get, they are both comfortable and rugged enough that you only need one pair, and it will last long”.
Kim Yuan provides excellent customer service and offers their customers “90 days of no reason to return”. Every effort will be made to ensure your satisfaction.
- Comes with a Gunn cut and keystone thumb design
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Can be worn for a wide range of uses
- More than 20 years of experience in the glove making industry
- Gloves won’t last you a lifetime but you can expect at least 2-3 years
2. WILDFLOWER Tools Gloves
These are affordable gardening gloves for both men and women. They are made with a nitrile coating for the protection of your hands and providing exemplary breathability.
These gloves are great for all forms of gardening including pruning rose bushes and dealing with other thorny shrubs.
You’ll love the fact that these gloves are machine washable.
- Gloves are available 3 different sizes
- Great for resisting punctures and snags of thorny shrubs and bushes
- Some claim the gloves are a bit on the long side
- Must be air dried
1. Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Gloves
These Pine Tree Tools gloves are great for using in the garden and working around the yard. They are made from durable bamboo which protects your hands from cuts, scratches, and punctures.
You can even use these versatile gloves for hunting, fishing, and clamming. The gloves come in multiple sizes.
Did you know that bamboo keeps your hands cool because it is a breathable material? It’ll also absorb any moisture from your hands and keep them clean and dry.
Check out what the company has to say about these comfortable and durable gardening gloves, “We believe gardening should be safe and fulfilling. Avoid skin wounds and dirty hands and nails when doing yard chores. Why walking around with those thick and clumsy gloves while doing jobs around the house? How much more enjoyable would garden chores be, when you wear protective gloves with a snug fit? See our listed size chart picture on the left to determine your correct size. Our gloves have proven abrasion resistance”.
These gloves fit like a second skin so you can easily use them on your touchscreen phone!
- Bamboo is a natural product and is sustainably sourced when making these gloves
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- Gloves have been designed with bare-hand sensitivity
- Some complaints of the gloves not protecting the skin after hours of laborious work
Tips On Picking The Right Gardening Gloves
You might assume that gardening gloves are only good for keeping your hands from getting dirty. However, there are several things to consider before buying a new pair of garden gloves. Here are a few options:
Leather gloves don’t always provide the perfect fit, but they are generally strong and more durable. They are great when for handling objects and surfaces that are rough or sharp like scissors, thorn bushes, or wood. Plus, gardening gloves are long and extend up your arm to provide added protection.
Most garden gloves aren’t disposable, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use disposable gloves while working in your garden. If you are handling certain chemicals or manure, feel free to put on a standard pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands. You can use them to do the job and toss them in the trash once you’re done.
Cotton gloves are one of the more popular types of gardening gloves. They are lightweight and give excellent protection against dirt and other damaging elements. Plus, they help you to avoid getting blisters and splinters while you work in your flower bed. The downside is that they aren’t waterproof, but they get the job done. These gloves are a great option to rotate with water-resistant rubber gloves.
These hand covers are perfect for wet soil and cold weather. They help to block out moisture and keep your hands from freezing during the fall and winter months. On the other hand, the interior tends to get sweaty; therefore, they’re not recommended for warm climates. Also, there are different types of rubber gloves, so make sure you choose the kind that are made for outdoor use.
If you hate getting your hands dirty— even a little bit— stretchy gloves are a good option. They stick to your hands and prevent water and other particles from sneaking past the gloves. However, do keep in mind that these types of gloves are sometimes layered with cotton. It’s a smart idea to switch them out with other versions to decide if these are the right option for you.
Final Thoughts On Gardening Gloves
As you can see from the information provided, there are several different options for gardening gloves. You might find that it is best to have different types, to suit various gardening routine and weather conditions. That way, you aren’t stuck having two use gloves that aren’t best for you. Luckily, you don’t have to stick to one thing, which makes the task much easier. The only thing you can do is test them out to see which type of glove complements your style of gardening. After reading this information, which gardening gloves do you think it’s right for you?
Why We Chose Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Gloves As Our Top Choice…
All of the gloves we have listed are of great quality and come with highly-positive reviews. However, we had to pick one pair for our #1 spot so we decided to go with Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Gloves.
These gloves totally outshine the others in durability, flexibility, and natural design. We love the fact that the bamboo used is sustainably sourced. A company that cares about the environment is our kind of company.
You don’t have to worry about punctures, scratches, or other unpleasantries with these gloves.
So, with that, which gloves will you be choosing for your gardening projects, today? If you decide to go with our top choice, please click on the yellow Amazon button and it’ll take you right to the ordering page. How convenient!