What is the best espresso machine? If you are anything like us, having a hot cup of espresso is one of the most amazing things that the day can bring. A perfect solution would be to bring the coffee bar directly to your house with a posh espresso machine.
Many espresso machines do much more than just make super strong shots of coffee so investing in one is a great idea. We love to use our espresso machine when company comes over as it’s a real conversation starter. Plus, everyone loves coffee!
You may be wondering which espresso machine we use at the house. You’ll soon find out when you browse through our top 10 list of the best espresso machines that Amazon has to offer. You may just be surprised by our number one choice. Perhaps, you’ll purchase one for yourself.
You’ll see many makes, models, and brands on our list because we like to give you options. KRUPS, Breville, and Mr. Coffee are just a few manufacturers that we’ve included.
So, are you ready to find the espresso machine of your dreams? Awesome! Let’s get to the list.
- 10. Mueller Espresso Machine
- 9. 7 Pc All-In-One Espresso Machine
- 8. Breville ESP8XL Espresso Maker
- 7. DeLonghi EC702 Espresso Maker
- 6. Breville BES870XL Barista Express
- 5. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso
- 4. Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso
- 3. DeLonghi Espresso/Coffee Machine
- 2. Nespresso Pixie Original Espresso
- 1. De’Longhi EC155
- How To Turn Your Home In A Cafe
- Why We Chose The De’Longhi EC155 As Our Top Choice…
10. Mueller Espresso Machine
This amazing Italian-made espresso machine is nothing less than stellar. It comes with an innovative pressure pump that delivers up to 20 bars of pressure which produce a barista-style result.
We feel this machine is worth every penny, especially since it only needs about 25 seconds to preheat and then your coffee begins making, immediately.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this product, “The Mueller Espresso Machine brings the richness of espresso to your countertop for a quick espresso on your way to work, or a slow and easy after work espresso to help you un-wind. The choice is yours and there is no need to “go out for coffee” when you can make a quality cup at home”.
- Easy operation with one-touch buttons and two cup capacities
- This machine has a small environmental footprint
- Easy to clean and removable parts are dishwasher safe
- One buyer reports that the espresso machine failed to work and left a puddle on her countertop
- A few complaints that the machine is noisy when in use
9. 7 Pc All-In-One Espresso Machine
This is a fabulous little espresso maker! Not only does it make you piping hot espresso but it has cappuccino capabilities, too! You’ll also be pleased to know that this machine has a built-in steamer and frother, coffee bean grinder, portafilter, milk frothing cup, spoon, and 2 cups.
All you have to do is add the beans and this espresso machine begins working in 45 seconds. The advanced Thermoblock technology heats up your water super fast and produces instant steam.
The water tank is transparent and removable. This makes it easy to know when the tank needs more water and very easy to clean.
- Frothing device and drip tray are removable and very easy to wash
- Comes with a 15 bar pump pressure system
- Two stainless steel portafilter baskets included for the option of pulling a single shot or a double shot during each extraction
- A bit on the expensive side
- A reviewer claims the machine stopped working after just 2 months, however, she updated her review and said customer service was very helpful and made the situation right by sending a replacement unit
8. Breville ESP8XL Espresso Maker
It has over 650 reviews on Amazon and gets 4 stars. Most of the reviews are positive, and for good reason, this machine is great!
You’ll love the posh stainless-steel look that comes with a powerful 15-bar thermoblock pump.
The dual-wall filter system creates excellent crema and comes with a froth enhancer and cup warming plate. How neat! Just like a coffee shop.
Accessories include Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool, removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included.
- Thermoblock heating system extracts espresso at the perfect temperature
- Produces effortless frothing and foaming
- Comes with an easy-to-use cleaning tool
- One of the more pricier models
- Not made in the USA
7. DeLonghi EC702 Espresso Maker
We really like this attractive, stainless steel espresso machine.
This model automatically self-primes and comes with a water level indicator so you always know when it needs to be refilled. Very helpful!
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Discover the barista brewing inside you. See how easy it is to make authentic espresso and cappuccino at home. With the De’Longhi Pump Espresso EC702 machine choose to brew ground espresso or use Easy Serving Espresso pods with the unique patented dual filter holder. The Sempre Crema Filter, used with two measures of ground coffee, enhances the brewing process to produce a perfect crema. The E.S.E. (Easy Serving Espresso) Filter, used with pods or one measure of ground coffee, makes espresso preparation simple and convenient”.
This amazing espresso machine allows you to make your espresso made to order and just the way you like it.
- Manual frother mixes steam and milk to create evenly textured drinks
- Equipped with adjustable controls that allow you to modify how your brew is made
- The Machine allows you to brew cup after cup without having to wait for water to re-heat
- Not 100% stainless steel, the machine is about 70% plastic
- Some reports of water leaking from the device and coffee not being made strong enough
6. Breville BES870XL Barista Express
This amazing espresso machine has been reviewed by almost 2,000 Amazon customers. It has received 4.5 stars and is listed as a “#1 Best Seller”.
Now, we know this isn’t a price in everyone’s budget, but those serious espresso drinkers who are looking to make a lifelong investment, this is the model for you.
You can choose between stainless steel, red, or black. We love it when a company gives us choices. The unit is equipped with a thermal coil heating system that puts out 1600W.
The impressive purge function automatically adjusts the water temperature in comparison to the steam for the best possible espresso extraction temperature.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this unit, “Create great tasting espresso – from bean to cup – in less than a minute. The Barista Express allows you to grind the beans right before extraction, and its interchangeable filters and a choice of automatic or manual operation ensure authentic café style results in no time at all”.
- Perfect dosing for rich, delicious, full-bodied flavor
- Precise PID temperature control
- Equipped with a low-pressure pre-infusion and 9 bar extraction pressure technology
- Very expensive
- the water tank of the machine needs to be refilled, often
5. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso
You’ll be nothing less than impressed with this Mr. Coffee espresso machine. This is a semiautomatic 3-in-1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker.
The 15-bar pump system brews bold and flavorful coffee drinks that make you feel as if your own personal barista created them in a swanky coffee shop.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Craft delectable, robust coffeehouse-quality espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes with the Mr. Coffee Café Barista. Featuring an electric 15-bar pump that creates powerful pressure to extract bold, rich flavors during the brew. Anyone can become a cafe expert with the simple-to-use espresso maker.
One-touch controls let you choose between single or double shots and automatically froths milk with an adjustable control knob. The milk reservoir is removable to store leftover milk not used during the brew in the refrigerator, so you just fill it and let the Café Barista determine the amount needed. A recipe book is included to easily create impressive coffee drinks or inspire you to invent original recipes all from the comfort of your home”.
- Trouble-free automatic milk frother
- One-touch control panel with drink selections
- Water and milk reservoirs are easy to fill and remove for cleaning
- One reviewer complains that the machine makes too much foam, even on the low setting
- Another user said the machine broke after just 10 months of use
4. Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso
Hamilton Beach has come out with a simple little espresso machine that is much more affordable than some of the competitors.
You’ll get cafe-quality results right from your own home with this espresso, cappuccino, and latte brewer. The 15-bar Italian pump supplies the necessary pressure for the best extraction method possible. Expect very rich crema.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Engineered in space-saving dimensions, the Hamilton Beach Espresso & Cappuccino Maker is smaller than the commercial ones in cafés, but just as powerful with 15 bars of pressure that provide excellent extraction and rich crema. Handsomely designed with stainless steel accents, the espresso maker is equipped with a removable water reservoir and a swiveling steam wand for easy milk steaming and frothing”.
- You’ll love the easy setup of this machine
- Comes with a swiveling steam wand
- Equipped with a cup warmer
- Some complaints that the double-shot basket is too small and draws the espresso too quickly
- A user complains that the machine doesn’t make the coffee hot enough
3. DeLonghi Espresso/Coffee Machine
Here is a magnificent espresso/coffee maker by the DeLonghi company. It comes equipped with a patented cappuccino system frother that mixes steam and milk to create the rich, creamy froth that you desire.
You’ll love the easy-to-use rotary and push-button control panel with programmable menu settings. The bean container capacity is 8.8 ounces.
Here is a word from the manufacturer, “Be your own barista with the Magnifica by De’Longhi. You and your guests can enjoy delicious cappuccinos and lattes anytime. It’s never been easier to create authentic Italian drinks with our patented cappuccino system frother. Simply place a container with milk under the nozzle to create a rich, creamy froth.
The Magnifica does all the work for you! Select either whole beans or ground coffee, the machine does both. For the freshest results, the patented direct-to-brew system grinds beans instantly before brewing. With various coffee-strength settings, everyone gets their ideal flavor. The choices don’t end there, select from cup-size options to suit your preferred taste. Other highlights include easy-to-use manual controls, as well as a cup warmer and a removable drip tray. Enjoy coffee for years to come with the Magnifica automatic espresso machine”.
This machine has all the features of a full-size automatic machine that you would find in a posh cafe or coffee shop.
- Gives you consistent brewing every single time
- Allows you to create customized espresso drinks
- The machine is very easy to clean and use
- A few complaints that the machine runs quite noisily
2. Nespresso Pixie Original Espresso
This powerful espresso maker comes equipped with a 19-bar high -pressure pump that gives you a barista-style cup of coffee.
The system heats up to the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds! It also automatically turns off after 9 minutes which results in less energy consumption.
Check out what the manufacturer has to say about this espresso maker, “The Nespresso Pixie coffee machine offers an avant-garde design with elegance and functionality. Equipped with a wide range of advanced features, the Pixie machine is energy efficient with a surprisingly compact design. Streamlined for maximum efficiency, this coffee maker lives up to Nespresso’s reputation for high-end technology. Each machine includes a welcome set with 16 Nespresso capsules containing individual aromas”.
The machine comes with easy-to-understand instructions which make setup a breeze.
- Programmable, one-touch buttons: Espresso & Lungo
- Equipped with a power save mode
- Removable water tank for easy refilling and cleaning
- A report of the machine not lasting more than a few months
- A user claims the Nespresso isn’t as good as a Keurig model
1. De’Longhi EC155
De’Longhi is a great espresso machine manufacturer and gives you the results you’re looking for.
You are able to use pods or ground coffee with this machine. Making espresso has never been easier!
You can prepare lattes and cappuccinos, too as this model comes with a swivel jet frother. You get a perfect drink every single time!
Your espresso will always be brewed at the perfect temperature due to the two separate thermostats. These thermostats allow for water and steam pressure to be separately controlled.
- Eliminates burdensome start-up preparation with the self-priming operation
- The machine is durable and made from high-quality stainless steel
- Comes with a steam dialer when you don’t want to use the frother
- Some reviewers refer to this model as being “basic”
How To Turn Your Home In A Cafe
If you’re in the market for an espresso machine, chances are you love coffee and the atmosphere of a cafe. Unfortunately, many people don’t have time to go and sit at a cafe, nor have the budget to go every day. Luckily, you can make espresso right in your own kitchen. Here are a few suggestions on how to turn your home into a cafe:
Drink Your Coffee Outside
Nothing mimics a cafe more than sitting outside to drink coffee. Many of them have outside patios set up with chairs and umbrellas for guests to enjoy their drinks while outdoors. It provides a nice ambiance and allows you to get some fresh air while enjoying your coffee. This is especially nice in the mornings because the temperature is mild, the birds are chirping, and the air is fresh. It’s the perfect atmosphere for drinking a cup of joe.
Add More Flavor
If you really want to feel like you have your own cafe, spruce up your espresso. Instead of drinking your coffee the way you usually would, put in more flavor. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on top or add a splash of vanilla. Not only will doing so make your drink tastes better, but it’ll also enhance your experience.
Most cafes have music playing in the background, so why shouldn’t you? There are so many options for listening when it comes to creating a coffee house atmosphere. If you want, you can listen to your favorite songs or you can go a different route. There are cafe music playlists on Youtube and other music websites. Playing those types of tunes will give you the vibe you’re looking for.
Many people go to a coffee house to chill and unwind. Although you might be sipping your brew at home, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it the same way you would at a cafe. Instead of standing in the kitchen or plopping down on the couch, read a book while you drink. It’ll enhance your experience and help you get more reading time in. Lots of people have goals of reading more but can’t find the time. Well, if you do it when you drink coffee, it knocks out two activities at once.
Buy Fancy Coffee Cups
If you really want to turn your house into a cafe, you have to have the proper cups. Nothing makes a coffee experience complete like the right cup. Think about it, when you have to drink coffee from a plastic cup, it’s not the same as drinking it from a mug. Well, when it comes to espresso, you have to drink it from something nice. Go and buy some mugs that mimic coffee house cups and maybe get some kitchen decor to go with. Also, get some small cup plates to make it complete.
Invite Some Guests
The best thing about having your own coffee house is sharing it with others. Invite over some friends on the weekend to drink a cup of joe and catch up. They’ll love it!
Why We Chose The De’Longhi EC155 As Our Top Choice…
Our list gives you the latest and greatest espresso makers that Amazon has to offer. All of them have rave reviews and product features that simply can’t be beat. However, there was one model that stuck out in the crowd.
The De’Longhi EC155 is our top choice because of it’s features, durable design, and unbeatable price.
Which model will you be ordering, today?