What makes the top tea set? Tea comes in a wide variety of flavors, both for flavor and for medicinal benefits. From heavy English teas that compete with coffee for strength and flavor to delicate Asian jasmine and green teas, there are teas for a wide range of tastes and occasions.
Tea can be bought in a simple sachet that you dip in your cup after heating the water or it can be loose leaf. If you are drinking loose leaf tea, you can either put it into a straining vessel like the sachet it might come in, or you can let it loose in your teapot and strain it before putting it into the cup.
Whatever kind of tea you prefer and however you like to prepare it, tea can be a delightful and healthy part of your daily routine or a lovely occasional treat. Tea is a drink that is nearly as old as civilization. While the health benefits of coffee are debated and everyone agrees that soda is not very good for you, the health benefits of tea have rarely been called into question.
Making tea is really a very simple process of infusing leaves with hot water, but as this art has developed over time in different cultures, many techniques have been created to make the perfect cup of tea.
The perfect tea set can elevate your cup of tea to the drink of kings and queens of old. Drinking tea with your child is a fun way to get her into healthy drinking habits in a fun way. Choose a tea set that you love and that can deliver this delightful beverage in a way that makes every time you drink tea feel special.
Be careful to ensure that the set you are considering has all the components that you want, as many come with only a kettle and single cup, or only serving vessels.
10. Primula Half-Moon Teapot for Flowering Tea Set
An infuser made of stainless steel comes with this tea kettle so that you can steep your loose leaf teas right in the kettle. This set comes with three flowering teas as well as the infuser so that you can watch the flowering teas bloom in the kettle while you brew them and use the infuser for more practical everyday brews.
- safe borosilicate glass construction
- half moon design
- includes three flowering teas as well as an infuser
- does not come with cups or milk holder
- infuser may not allow as much flow or contact with tea leaves as a truly loose-leaf design
9. Butterfly Tea Set Basket
Would you and your child enjoy a picnic tea time? This basket comes with everything you need besides the tea.
Each of the four little cups comes with its own tiny saucer, and a teapot, as well as a sugar dish and milk dish, are also included. Just pack your tea and a thermos, bring some milk and sugar, and you’re ready for a lovely picnic with your child.
- comes with picnic basket and napkins
- comes with four cups, saucers, sugar dish, milk dish, and teapot
- very tiny and will require multiple fillings
- ceramic is not verified lead-free
8. Toysmith 17-Piece Li’l Tea Tote Set
This set is functional so your child can use it with real tea, but it is small enough to be appropriate for tiny hands.
It is made of ceramic so that it feels legitimate to a child and includes 17 pieces for everything you will need. A plastic carrying case is included so that your child can learn to put everything back in its place and not lose any of the pieces.
- 17 pieces included for a full tea experience
- made of real ceramic for a legitimate feel
- plastic carrying case to keep everything organized
- carrying case is not as charming as competing for cases
- very small cups require frequently filling
- very bright pink is not as appropriate as a softer pink would have been
7. Royal Albert Old Country Roses 3-Piece Tea Set
This Royal Albert set includes a creamer, teapot, and sugar bowl. All pieces are crafted from a fine bone china and are intricately embellished with 22 karat gold. The design on each piece is inspired by English roses.
Royal Albert makes an entire series of silverware, dinnerware, and accessories in the Old Country Roses design that will match this tea set for a synchronized set.
- crafted from fine bone china
- matches the rest of the Royal Albert Old Country Roses set for a complete matching collection
- embellished with 22 karat gold
- not made in England
- not verified lead-free
- does not come with cups
6. Gracie China by Coastline Imports Vintage Green Rose Porcelain
This set comes with a teapot, a creamer, a sugar container, and four cups with matching saucers, for a complete tea set. The design is a vintage green rose that will look retro and classic with your decor. These cups are made of a classic porcelain material but are dishwasher safe so they are functional in your modern life.
Just enjoy your tea in a classic way and then set your tea set in the dishwasher and go. These teapots and cups do not microwave safe, so make sure you heat up your water in an old-fashioned way.
- dishwasher safe
- full set including cups, kettle, and sugar and milk dishes
- red and green colors are brighter and less classic-looking than some people may desire
- not real gold
5. BTäT – Tea Set, China Tea Set, Tea Service, Tea Cups (8oz)
This gorgeous set has an intricate and sophisticated design of a simple monotone blue and white color that will look lovely with most decors. The set comes with a teapot as well as a sugar and creamer and four teacups with matching saucers.
This set is made of porcelain for a classic feel but is dishwasher and microwave safe to keep up with your busy modern lifestyle. This product is not lead-free but it is considered lead safe because the amount of lead contains does not exceed FDA requirements.
- microwavable and dishwasher safe
- you don’t need to use the stovetop to heat water but can microwave water directly and kettle
- gorgeous blue design
- contains a very small amount of lead
- can’t go on the stove top
4. (Set of 6) Turkish Tea Glasses Set with Saucers Holders Spoons
If you are looking for the ultimate luxury in your tea set, this gorgeous Turkish tea set that is made in Turkey may be what you are looking for. This ornate set is decorated with crystals and pearls. You can remove the glasses from the holders and wash them in the machine for versatility as well as elegance. This tea set comes with 6 glasses, their holders, 6 saucers, and 6 spoons.
- ornate decorative tea set
- glasses are removable to be washed in the dishwasher
- does not come with kettle or sugar or cream holders
- while glasses are machine washable the holders are not and may become grungy
3. Delton Products Gumdrops Dollies Tea Set in Basket, Large
This sweet little basket has everything you and your child need to have a lovely tea time. The quality porcelain ceramic pieces are settled into a luxuriously lined basket with molded slots for each piece so that the pieces will not be broken even if your child is a little bit rough with the basket.
The charming polka dot design is fun but classic. This set comes with not only the teapot, creamer, sugar, cups, and saucers, it also comes with a little fork and spoon.
- cute all-inclusive design
- high-quality porcelain ceramic
- a very small set will need to be refilled frequently
- lining may pull loose from the basket with heavy use
2. Porcelain Tea Sets British Royal Series, 8 OZ Cups& Saucer Service for 6
This classic set comes with everything you need to have a lovely tea time. The set comes with the teapot, a cream pitcher, and sugar bowl, as well as cups and saucers.
A stainless steel filter is included for loose leaf tea. The gorgeous British Royal Style with its adorable pumpkin shape and gold trim can look good with any decor and will elevate your tea time whether you are having a casual cup at home or want to give a special gift for a wedding or other holiday.
- high-quality porcelain
- dishwasher safe
- classic pattern
- white porcelain may become stained with coffee drinking or dark tea
- gold trim may eventually chip off in a dishwasher
1. Seb’s Kitchen Japanese Handcrafted Cherry Blossom
Japan has a long tradition of high-quality tea and this beautiful teapot is a wonderful way to highlight both that tradition and your everyday cup of tea. The lovely black ceramic, with an attractive flower design, will not darken or discolor and will look lovely with almost any decor. This set comes with a teapot and 5 cups, as well as a stainless steel filter for loose leaf teas. A simple and attractive gift box is included with every order.
- beautiful and authentic Japanese design
- black ceramic won’t discolor with use
- doesn’t come with milk or sugar vessels
- cannot go on the stove top
Occasions For Using Tea Sets
Tea sets are adorable, and they make a decorative addition to your kitchen essentials. If you’re someone who’s always wanted a tea set, but you can’t think of an occasion to use it for, here are a few suggestions:
What better way to get the most of out your tea set than to have a tea party? You don’t need a reason to have one, just throw it! Invite over a few friends, sit around, talk and laugh, and enjoy each other’s company. Tea parties are fun and elegant, and they’re a great way to spend time with your loved ones.
Birthdays are a great reason to break out a tea set. Maybe your daughter has from friends over, and she’s having a princess-themed party—that’s the perfect setting for tea time. Or perhaps you’re having a birthday luncheon with fancy finger foods. If that’s the case, having tea will enhance the party. Not to mention, you could just make your birthday party a tea party. You could ask your guests to dress in a nice dress, hat, and gloves to go along with the theme.
You probably have lots of people stopping by during the holidays. Family might come into town, or the neighbors may come over to chat a bit more often. This is yet another reason to serve tea. Sure, you can pour it in a regular mug, but using a tea set really shows your visitors that they are welcome. It looks elegant, and it makes the time spent together feel more special.
Sometimes people come by for important conversations, and it’s nice to be courteous to guests. Maybe, you’re interviewing a potential tutor or babysitter for your kids and would like to have tea while you talk. Serving tea is an excellent way to break the ice and make everyone more comfortable while conversating. It also helps to reduce dry mouth while holding a conversation.
Every now and again, you need to bond with family. Scheduling tea time is a great way to catch up with one another and bond. You can talk about your work and school week, make vacation plans, or simply goof off. What matters is that you’re spending time with one another, and using tea as an avenue to bring you together.
Let’s say you dislike tea, you can still benefit from having a tea set. It makes wonderful decor for your kitchen and dining room. You can set it on a side table, a shelf, or countertop. It gives your home a touch of elegance and provides decorative style.
Final Thoughts On Owning A Tea Set
As you might understand by now, tea sets should be a signature item in your home. It’s something you can use as often or as little as you’d like, but it’s always convenient to have around. Plus, even if you don’t like it, your visitors might. So, it’s good to be able to accommodate and serve the people who visit you.
Which should you buy?
If you are looking for a tea set that will be both functional and beautiful for your everyday cup of tea as well as on special occasions for many years to come, Seb’s Kitchen Japanese Handcrafted Cherry Blossom Tea Set may be just what you’re looking for.
This gorgeous set was made in Japan with authentic Japanese style. The included filter is custom made to fit perfectly in the teapot so that it will be easy to make a perfect cup every time. An attractive gift box is included so that you can easily give this as a thoughtful gift or store it safely and stylishly.