Your dog will wear her collar for almost all of the time that you two are outside together and depending on how you walk your dog, the collar may be the link between you and her. I wanted to find the top dog collar. Therefore, the color your dog wears is an important choice both in the stylistic statement you make and in the function that the collar performs.
If you walk your dog in a harness, you may be more concerned with choosing a collar that will look good and carry your dog’s identification tags. You can choose between customized and decorative nylon collars and sturdy leather collars that will look classic on your dog.
If you are using your collar for training purposes or for walking, you will need to choose a collar that fits your dog’s body type and your training goals. Dogs with slender necks like greyhounds and whippets should have specially designed Martingale collars that will be wide enough to be comfortable on their delicate necks but have an adjustable grip so that they cannot slip their slender heads out.
Fixed standard buckle collars allow your dog to pull a little on the leash without choking herself. If you do a lot of night time walking, it is important to choose a color that has reflective material or that lights up. If you have off-leash training goals with your dog, you may choose an electric collar that allows you to communicate with your dog from a distance while she is off-leash.
Whatever collar you choose, make sure that your dog’s collar is of a high-quality that will not rub or irritate her skin and that will never let loose. Remember that even if you do not walk your dog by her collar, people will tend to grab it to make sure it will not release.
10. Blueberry Pet Classic Solid Color Dog Collar Collection
If all you want in a dog collar is a standard buckle collar that will look good in your choice of a wide variety of colors and can be adjusted to the correct size for your dog, look no further than this quality Blueberry collar. The company also makes a leash and harness that will match this color for a stylish customized look. The nylon fabric of this collar is made of high-density webbing that will add durability for years of use. The buckles are made of an eco-friendly plastic that won’t degrade. Chrome coating on the metal D-ring adds durability as well and will look good for the long-term.
- the range of fun colors to choose from
- nylon fabric made of high-density material
- adjustable to fit your pet as she grows
- only comes in solid colors
- plastic buckle may give out against a strong pull
9. Blueberry Pet Spring Scent Floral Collection
If you want a stylish collar that will fit your dog’s personality with a charming floral print, consider this lovely collar by Blueberry. You can separately buy a matching leash and harness so that your dog will look stylish from head to toe. The high-density polyester will feel soft but last for a long time. Eco-friendly plastic buckles and a nickel-free coated D-ring is easy to use and will be durable. You can choose from a range of sizes to fit this collar exactly to your pet’s neck, and it is adjustable so it can grow with her.
- fun, stylish designs
- buy a matching leash and harness separately for a complete outfit for your dog
- eco-friendly plastic buckles and nickel free coated d-ring
- the polyester fabric may not hold up as well as nylon
- plastic buckle may give out against a strong pull
8. Vcalabashor™ Custom Leather Collar / Braided
If you want a stylish leather collar that can be customized to carry your dog’s name and your phone number right on it instead of on loud, dangly tags, this custom leather color may be right for you. It comes in a range of fun colors to match your dog’s personality and the hundred percent real leather design is classic and durable. The stylish braided design makes for an eye-catching look while the soft inner padding is comfortable for your dog to wear. Laser etching creates clear characters on the chrome mirrored steel that is securely mounted so you will never have to worry about your dog losing her ID.
- stylish leather collar customized with your dog’s name and your phone number
- the range of fun colors to match your dog’s style
- inner padding for a comfortable fit
- stitching may not hold up to years of use
- braided design is difficult to clean, especially if you choose a light color
7. Black Rhino The Comfort Collar Ultra Soft Neoprene
This collar is extra padded for super comfort. It comes in a range of fun colors so that you can customize it to your dog and it comes in sizes from small to large so that you can find a size that will fit your dog. The neoprene padding protects your dog’s neck from any irritation no matter how active your dog is, even in the water. This collar is heavy-duty and constructed for all breeds but still lightweight enough that it will not way down your dog’s neck. The reflective stitching will help protect your dog on evening walks, while the quality material of this collar will last through the years.
- super padded for extra comfort
- heavy duty construction
- lightweight for easy wearing
- does not dry quickly
- not very extensive reflective material
6.Max and Neo Stainless Steel Chain Martingale Collar
This stylish color is designed for sighthounds or any narrowly necked dog that may tend to slip her head out of the collar. This company will donate a collar to a rescue group for every collar bought so you can feel good about making this purchase. The collar comes in four fun colors so that you can choose a look that’s customized to your dog.
The nylon and stainless steel chain construction looks good and will hold up throughout the years. The sturdy nylon snap buckle has a lockable tab to prevent accidental release and a separate plastic tab for hanging tags and charms. The reflective stitching will help your dog be more visible during nighttime outings.
- martingale collar will not slip off of slender necks
- collar donated for every collar bought
- four fun colors
- the chain may catch in the hair or skin of some dogs
- nylon color will fade with time, especially if in the sun a lot
5. LED Dog Collar – USB Rechargeable
If you need ultimate visibility for night time activities with your dog, consider this USB rechargeable LED dog collar. This collar comes in a huge range of sizes to fit dogs from the tiniest to the hugest. The bright LED color will let you see your dog and make her visible to vehicles without the need of oncoming light to reflect. You can change the light between steady, rapid flashing, or slow flashing with just a click.
The easy-to-use clips make it easy for you to put this collar on your dog. The USB rechargeable battery is lightweight and made of sturdy and durable material so you’ll be able to keep charging it for a long time. Every hour of charge results in 5 hours of Illumination so that you can have multiple walks from one charge.
- bright light up collar for ultimate night time safety
- USB rechargeable for your convenience
- easy to clip on and clip off
- the battery may not hold up to water
- the somewhat narrow collar may be obscured by heavy hair
4. Blueberry Pet Classic Solid Color Safety Training Martingale
This safety-minded training collar will allow you to walk your dog without being concerned about her slipping out of the leash or breaking a buckle. The buckle free design of this collar means that you will simply slip it over your dog’s head. If she should pull it or try to pull out of it, the collar will automatically tighten to prevent the risk of escape and then loosen again when she stops pulling for a comfortable walk. The lack of a chain on this training collar will prevent your dog from getting her skin or hair caught.
- comes in a range of fun colors to customize your look
- the range of sizes and easy slip over the head design that will fit your dog perfectly and be easy to put on and take off
- no buckle to worry about breaking
- clever dogs may learn how to slip out of collar without putting resistance on it when you are not paying attention
- does not have reflective stitching for safety
3. Mile High Life Night Reflective Nylon Dog Collar
This Mile High Life night reflective collar offers a thick design that will be comfortable for your dog to wear, as well as a sturdy nylon construction that will last a long time. The color comes in three colors so you can choose the look that’s right for your dog, while the thick reflective strap is highly visible with any ambient light even in dark conditions. This collar is made of a hundred percent nylon that is thick and comfortable and will last for years to come. The lightweight buckle is durable and makes this collar easy to take on and off.
- durable 100% nylon design
- the lightweight buckle is easy to take on and off
- the thick reflective band will reflect any ambient light and will not be obstructed by your dog’s coat
- no extra padding so may be uncomfortable for strong pullers
- only three colors to choose from
2. AOLOVE Basic Classic Padded Leather Pet Collars
If you want a classic, good-looking leather collar that is padded for comfort and will look stylish in your choice of colors for a reasonable price, look no further than this straightforward buckle collar. Leather along with a comfortable alloy padding look good and will feel nice on your dog’s neck while not snagging hair or skin. Adjustment holes allow you to adjust the collar to exactly your pet’s neck. The nickel-plated hardware and heavy duty D-ring will stand up to years of use. These colors are straightforward and good looking for any dog.
- the range of fun colors to choose from
- classic good-looking leather design
- comfort padded
- stitching may come apart over the years
- color may fade, especially bright colors that receive a lot of sunlight
1.Ipets 100% Waterproof & Rechargeable Dog Shock Collar
Dog lovers everywhere dream of their dog running off leash, enjoying their walks far more than they ever could while connected to you. If you live in an area where letting your dog off-leash occasionally is not impossible and you want to work towards the goal of training your dog to be safe off-leash, an electric collar may be the right choice for you. This high-quality collar from iPets is a hundred percent waterproof and fully rechargeable so that you can communicate with your dog from a distance no matter where you go.
- fully waterproof for off-leash training in all weather conditions and wherever you go
- controls for the beep, vibration, and shock
- adjustable intensity to provide the exact right stimulation for your dog
- the range may vary depending on obstacles
- must be carefully used by responsible pet owners or can become dangerous to dogs or other people
The Benefits Of A Dog Collar
Using a dog collar for your pet doesn’t just give you something to connect the leash to, but it also allows you to place a tag on them. Dogs—like people—need some source of identification and dog tags are a great accessory. They’re easy to put on the dog collar, and if your pup ever gets lost, there’s information on them to help get them returned to you. Here are a few tips for making the ID tags more useful:
What To Include On An ID Tag
The information on your dog’s identification tag should be straight to the point. There’s only a small amount of space on the tab, so keep the info to 2-4 lines. You should include your pet’s name, your primary phone number, your city, and a short message. Also, if your dog has a medical condition, you could add that information as well. Furthermore, when adding your phone number, be sure to include your area code.
Should You Include Your Address
Putting your address on your dog’s id tag is a bit risky. Even if your pet doesn’t get lost, someone can still spot your address while your dog is at the park or at other outings; which isn’t safe. Your phone number should be good enough, but if you want to add something, put your city and state on it—possibly the zip code.
If your dog needs medication to help manage a serious condition they have, it’s vital that to add their medical info. You won’t have the space to put too many words, so write something like “requires medication” or “medical needs”. By adding this, it puts urgency on the person who finds your dog, and hopefully, they return it quicker. Also, if your pet needs medical attention when they’re found, the person who has them might take them to the veterinarian. Not to mention, if the finder is contemplating keeping your dog, they more likely to return the pet if it has a medication condition.
Should You Offer An Award?
Offering a reward for your dog is an excellent incentive to get people to return it for you. However, you should take some precautions to make sure you aren’t given the wrong animal before handing over the reward. Have some items on hand like detailed pictures, paw prints, and other specific documents to positively identify your pet.
Furthermore, you should pick a dog collar that stands out, especially if you have a dog that doesn’t have unique features. A colorful collar is simple to describe and also easy to spot if your dog is wandering around.
Why Do You Need A Dog Collar And Tag
Dog tags are a simple, inexpensive way of keeping track of your pet. Getting your dog micro-chipped is a bit costly, and some people aren’t comfortable with that method. However, dog tags have gotten the job done for many years, and they will continue to be an effective way of uniting pets with their owners.
Which should you buy?
For a collar that can give you complete communication with your dog on or off leash, consider the Ipets electric collar. This color will allow you to communicate with your dog with a tone or a vibration so that you can call her back for a reward when she is off leash and eventually teach off-leash behavior.
If your dog should venture close to a road or other danger and not respond to your calling, a sudden shock will freeze her in her steps and make her reconsider running into danger. This collar can serve as a security net as well as a training aid so that you can have an extra measure of safety when you walk with your dog on or off leash.
Last update on 2021-01-17 at 07:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API