Hello! I am so happy to be over at Reasons to Skip the Housework to share this great Patriotic Picnic Caddy project. For those of you who don’t know me already, I am Maria from Krafty Cards etc. where I blog about paper crafts, DIY projects and organizing with a recipe or two thrown in the mix. You may remember seeing some of my handmade greeting cards, my Mom’s Meatballs post or DIY American Flag Pallet. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog when you have some time but for now let’s get to the project.
Materials needed to make your own Patriotic Picnic Caddy
- Wooden tool box
- 3 Mason jars
- 1 small bud vase
- Red paint
- White paint
- Foam brush
- Bakers twine
Steps to make your Caddy
1. Paint your wooden tool box. I chose Flag Red and gave it about 4 coats because I didn’t want the wood grains to show through.
2. Paint your mason jars and bud vase. I used smaller mason jars but you should use a size that suits your caddy. I thought white was the best choice for the mason jars so they would pop out inside the red caddy.
3. Add text or embellish the front of your caddy. I used the Great Vibes font and my Silhouette to cut out the picnic text . This was the first time I used vinyl lettering and was super nervous but it all worked out in the end!
4. Tie the bakers twine around the top of the mason jars and put the flowers in the vase. I found the flowers and matching silverware at the Dollar Tree.
5. Put everything together and you’re ready to picnic!
Are you going to make a picnic caddy to make your outdoor meals a little easier? If you do, I would love for you to stop by Krafty Cards etc. to let me know how much you love it! And I would love for you to follow along on social media, find me on Pinterest, Google+, Twitter and Facebook. Many thanks to Reasons to Skip the Housework and I look forward to seeing you soon!